i have a 1997 jetta gls and im tryin to find a way to bag it. ive done some research here and there and came across 2 different things now i can either buy the strut bags that are 600 dollars from some website which seems kinda sketchy to me or i can buy these universal things off ebay that slip right over your shock once you remove the coil. that to me seems like a better idea but ive never delt with the air bag industry so i dont no if these slip on things are a good buy or not. help would be greatly appricitated lol

thanks.

i have a 1997 jetta gls and im tryin to find a way to bag it. ive done some research here and there and came across 2 different things now i can either buy the strut bags that are 600 dollars from some website which seems kinda sketchy to me or i can buy these universal things off ebay that slip right over your shock once you remove the coil. that to me seems like a better idea but ive never delt with the air bag industry so i dont no if these slip on things are a good buy or not. help would be greatly appricitated lol

thanks.

I Have a bagged 93 jetta, I used the universal air kit in front and the air-lift universal kit in the rear.

I have not found many complete good kits out there post a link of what you have found and I can give you some input.

you have to mod the stock strut to get real low with the kit I used, its almost impossible to lay flat with this car.

I Have a bagged 93 jetta, I used the universal air kit in front and the air-lift universal kit in the rear.

I have not found many complete good kits out there post a link of what you have found and I can give you some input.

you have to mod the stock strut to get real low with the kit I used, its almost impossible to lay flat with this car.

thanks for that thread james and heres the universal sleeves i found on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...RTQ:MOTORS:1123

all you do with these is take your coil out and place this where it was but u also have to weld up these brackets and what not.

thanks for that thread james and heres the universal sleeves i found on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...RTQ:MOTORS:1123

all you do with these is take your coil out and place this where it was but u also have to weld up these brackets and what not.

thats the kit I used for up front.

your gonna have to heavily modify the front strut to make the car get low.

Call Dan @ FBIMINI.COM tell him David From SMD sent you and you wantto bag your jetta like he did.

Dan will take car of you. leave egay alone ad FBI can warrenty the products.

thats the kit I used for up front.

your gonna have to heavily modify the front strut to make the car get low.

Call Dan @ FBIMINI.COM tell him David From SMD sent you and you wantto bag your jetta like he did.

Dan will take car of you. leave egay alone ad FBI can warrenty the products.

SaWeeet lol thanks for all the help man