Sundown Audio

Amp Toggle Switch

MaX

So I'm finally gettin to put my system in (Two FI BL 12's and an AudioQ 2200) and I was wondering if I could put a toggle switch in between the power to the amp, so that if I needed to I could quickly turn the amp off. Anybody done this before? or is it even a good idea? any comments would help.

<div align='center'>03 RAV4

18" DC Level 4 XL

Knukonceptz 1/0 gauge

AudioQue 2200D

6.25 cubic foot box tuned to 32 hz

DB Linc 200 Amp H/O ALT

1/0 BIG III</div>

You could put a toggle on the remote turn on wire, without any problems. If your looking to put it on the main power wire you would have to use a solenoid or a high current relay and trigger those to turn it on and off.

2006 Dodge Magnum

Excelon KVT-819dvd

Rockford Symmetry EPX2

6 Kicker CVX 10's

2 Rockford T8002

1 Rockford T8004

15" Overhead

Old school Quart Q's

2 Yellow tops

Rockford CPSR

Rockford 50 Farad

Rollin 22's

first thanks for all the comments

and now that i think about the remote wire sounds even easier to do haha, never crossed my mind

<div align='center'>03 RAV4

18" DC Level 4 XL

Knukonceptz 1/0 gauge

AudioQue 2200D

6.25 cubic foot box tuned to 32 hz

DB Linc 200 Amp H/O ALT

1/0 BIG III</div>

• 1 month later...

ive been thinkin when i do my new setup i may need to do this. my current system isnt anything special, but ive gotten pulled over for it before. The cops in my town arent bad, but some areas around me they can impound your car and ticket you $500. But thats in a kinda ghetto area. Im thinking a hidden toggle switch could possibly get me outta some shit. just If i think im gunna get pulled over hit the switch and say, officer, it couldnt have been me, my shits busted, has been for a while, lol.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.