Safe Alternator Voltage For D2400

Guest DC Power Kyle

Thats cool Just_Rob... You have to appreciate people who are confident ehough to put there merchandise to the Test,, That does Take some balls to do it in a public forum...especially at a Comp...

2007 Great Wall So Cool

4-12' RE audio MX's

Stetsom 7k2D

6-Batts

3-Mechman 250 amp Rhino's

Guys, while I do love a good technical discussion, these little personal jabs really have no place here. Please keep it clean from here on out.

A half-wit gave you a piece of his mind, and you held on to it.

My Youtube vids...enjoyDC.jpgdcsig-1.jpg2pt8a6w.png

anythings possible with the right build =] we accept visa and mastercard =]

First of Matt, you didn't catch the part about me saying LARGE case Denso, not SMALL case... 2 totally different animals!!! We have large case alternators manufactured for us, to our specs, by Denso... Add 100 amps to them and that's what we have 180, not 80... 2 totally different animals... Your right, 80 amps is pathetic, which is why we dont even touch them for car audio.. I never once underestimated your knowledge either Matt, just your mis-directed guidance of telling someone to run an external regulator on his particular car.. I want to see a CS144 case bolted on a 3.5L V-6 Avalon, it isn't going to be easy, if done at all... I'm not going to argue the case for doing large case conversions, they have their place, which we have been doing for the last 15 years.. So, we agree on that point, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure which is better. But, an end all solution they are not!! That wasnt the point I was trying to make... It was about you suggesting something that wouldnt improve the customers situation.

I never sugested anyone put an external regulator on a stock alternator, and I re-iterated that in my last post. The only reason I mentioned an 80 amp denso, is because that is what you were claiming I reccomended with an external regulator. I am aware that a large case Denso can do 180 amps with a decent output curve, but they are expensive, and still not enough amperage for most customers. Actually, we do have a large case unit for 3.5L Avalon, but it is not based on a CS series. the last one we did dynoed 271 amps 163 amps at idle, probably close to double the output at idle of a Large case Denso. Like I said, Denso's are great units for mild applications, but we specialize in the 200+ amp market.

And as for Transpo (who is wholly owned by WAI) buying Regitar (wholly owned by Mobiltron, based in and traded publically in Taiwan), Proof please?? That info is so new that nobody at their US headquarters even knew about it! Nor did about 40 other people I talked to that would have heard about it.. And knowing a little bit about the industry? Doing it since I was 12, 3rd generation, and having built over 30k alternators in my life I think would classify me as knowing just a *bit* about the alternator industry..

Perhaps I oversimplified a bit. There are several former transpo engineers who now consult for Regitar ever since Transpo shipped all of their production over to China. A lot of good engineers lost their jobs in that outsourcing, some of whom worked on the 91102R. Most large Transpo accounts are now sevrviced by Regitar as well, so I think of them being "bought out" when really, they are still two seperate companies. I just think of it that way because most of the folks I knew at Transpo now work for Regitar in some fasion or another. (I'm sure you know some of the same people if you've been in the industry as long as you claim)

And I'm not un-informed about what you sell, not by any means.. I also have no axe to grind with you personally Matt, nor am I going to start, it's totally counter-productive.....

Well I guess it just appeared that you were un-informed about out product when you said that I reccomended running external regulators on small case alternators, (which I never did) and that I was silly for needing a better regulator with a 4 amp draw rotor, when the smallest Rotor I use draws nearly 8 amps. I have no beef with you either, but when you get so pointed in your responses it kind of looks that way.

At least some forum members might have picked up some usefull alternator knowledge in all this debate.

I learned a decent amount of information from all this, thanks for the information everyone :)

Thats what comes from these types of discussions great points of view and even better information!!!

Enjoy your module , should ship out Monday and welcome to the 15v club FTW

MLA

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

Archived