i've got a 92 explorer shes walled with 4 15 apxx's

at the moment i have 3 normal batteries in the back and 4 amps and shes already sagging pretty good

as you can see by the pics shes getting pretty low and i recently bought 16 batts at 70 pounds each so 1120 extra pounds and i know she wont handle it as you can see in the pics

0520081935.jpg

0520081935b.jpg

i was looking into buying this kit

http://www.suspensionconnection.com/cgi-bi...ir-springs.html

and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the kit and if its enough for what i need any and all suggestions are welcome

thanks for your time

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

• 2 weeks later...
i've got a 92 explorer shes walled with 4 15 apxx's

at the moment i have 3 normal batteries in the back and 4 amps and shes already sagging pretty good

as you can see by the pics shes getting pretty low and i recently bought 16 batts at 70 pounds each so 1120 extra pounds and i know she wont handle it as you can see in the pics

0520081935.jpg

0520081935b.jpg

i was looking into buying this kit

http://www.suspensionconnection.com/cgi-bi...ir-springs.html

and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the kit and if its enough for what i need any and all suggestions are welcome

thanks for your time

for your needs , that should do it . those kits are pretty easy to do your self . good luck ..........

go over to rangerpowersports.com and PM slammedxonair

or hit him up via his site www.illusivefabrications.com his name is Brian, he can tell u anything u need to know bout getting a 1st gen explorer low..his is bagged and body dropped

he is not '' bagging it '' . he wants to stop the rear end sag cause of the excess weight from batteries and subs/enclosures . he needs a air spring helper kit , exactly like the one he is looking at ( the link he posted )..................

well i'd like to bag it aswell i mean i want it to help with the weight and i want to be able to drop it when its parked and stuff

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

• 1 month later...

if your just trying to keep it from sagging. you can probably use those air over shock kits or whatever, just you shouldnt use those over-leaf kits, they put excess weight on the leaf springs at points that they were never meant to have that kind of weight on. ive heard of people having those and their leaf springs break while driving...now dont get me wrong, i love dragging....but this wont be good lol. maybe look into some goos airshocks. suuuper easy to install. usually cheaper too. just my 2cents

ill cut out yo eyelids and give ya nothin but sleeping pills...