Looking To Buy A New Flatscreen, Need Some Opinions Please

we finally have a winner .. FINALLY lol , 2 months later :) after about as much research as a person can do , with multiple 3rd party opinions .. no biased opinions what so ever, im going with the 6 series samsung lcd... the only negative i found was it has more glare than the typical lcd, which isnt near ass bad as every plasma i saw under every condition. It has amazing color detail only second to in my eye a xbr8 or the 8 series samsung .. So if anyones looking for a new tv, around 50" and wants to save lots of research go with this

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1202649424157

** in with the new**96 grand am GT 2- dc lv 3 12'smemphis mc1000d145.3@46 hz** out with old**96 Grand am GT12w71000/1 143.6 @ 46 hz on the new TLhttp://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=av1023dc4.jpg

we finally have a winner .. FINALLY lol , 2 months later :) after about as much research as a person can do , with multiple 3rd party opinions .. no biased opinions what so ever, im going with the 6 series samsung lcd... the only negative i found was it has more glare than the typical lcd, which isnt near ass bad as every plasma i saw under every condition. It has amazing color detail only second to in my eye a xbr8 or the 8 series samsung .. So if anyones looking for a new tv, around 50" and wants to save lots of research go with this

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1202649424157

Thats a nice choice if you like the Samsungs as much as my family does you will like Samsung alot it all really comes doen to how much money you want to spend

Thats a nice choice if you like the Samsungs as much as my family does you will like Samsung alot it all really comes doen to how much money you want to spend

Yea man its ALOT tougher than i thought .. not just throwing out 2k for a tv but to find the best one for that amount .. shit id love to have a pioneer elite plasma or a xbr8 but i just cant do it , and there are soooooooooooo many options and different reviews on every tv in the 2k range its sick.. If it wasnt for that panasonic plasma and i was all for lcd it woulda been between the samsung 6 series, the LG 7 series and the sony w series ( woulda bout sonys Z series if it came in a 52 hands down but its only up to a 46 :( nomatter what im gonna be happy with it, Should i actually pay for a calibration , or are there places online where u can find it for a specific tv

** in with the new**96 grand am GT 2- dc lv 3 12'smemphis mc1000d145.3@46 hz** out with old**96 Grand am GT12w71000/1 143.6 @ 46 hz on the new TLhttp://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=av1023dc4.jpg

Hey hzso, that's a sweet freaking TV ! Your going to love it :-)

And 52" too ! Here I am with my dinky little 46".... Urggg... You suck ! :-)

Honestly though, it's amazing the size difference between a 46" and a 52"...... it seems like about a foot ! My room mate and Landlord both have a 50" TV.... and if I watch them for 10 minutes, then go back and look at mine, it looks tiny :-(

Damnitt ! That does it. I'm going to order my 70" right now ! :-)

Enjoy it,

Peace,

Fish

Yea man its ALOT tougher than i thought .. not just throwing out 2k for a tv but to find the best one for that amount .. shit id love to have a pioneer elite plasma or a xbr8 but i just cant do it , and there are soooooooooooo many options and different reviews on every tv in the 2k range its sick.. If it wasnt for that panasonic plasma and i was all for lcd it woulda been between the samsung 6 series, the LG 7 series and the sony w series ( woulda bout sonys Z series if it came in a 52 hands down but its only up to a 46 :( nomatter what im gonna be happy with it, Should i actually pay for a calibration , or are there places online where u can find it for a specific tv

This is the one that I have in my room and absolutely love it we have a few of them and the picture is stunning if its anything like yours then youll shit bricks we also have a few bigger Samsungs in other places in our house, bar, living room a few other places

LCD vs. plasma.

{btw, I'm absolutely rediculous about analyzing, and over-analyzing to 10th degree, large purchases such as a flat screen. I studied them, and hung out on a flat panel TV forum for litterally 6 months before my purchase}

LCD pros:

*non-glare screen

*lighter, and less subject to damage during transport

*use about 40% less electricity for equal screen size, and as a dirrect result, tend to put off much less heat.

*brighter picture, better for daytime viewing

LCD cons:

*blacks are not "as black" (not as high of contrast)

*cost more than plasmas for equal screen size

Anyway, if I had to do it again, I would get another LCD for sure..... However, I wouldn't even consider less than a 60", which would still not be too big for my 13ft viewing distance, but would be acceptable, should I ever move to a place with a greater viewing distance yet.

Hope this helps,

Peace,

Fish

Tip: look for a tv that has a high contrast ratio for example 15,000:1 that should fix ur "black" problem the higher the contrast ratio the darker the "black" will be

LCD's are getting better and better every year and now their coming out wit tv's that have 240hz refresh rate and mitsubishi will soon be releasing their new Laser Tv which is supposed 2 be x2 as good as the LCD's and Plasma's that are out today.

the only person i wouldnt let build my box would be Ray.

Team Heavy-Flex4 SA 12's tuned to 29hz

Ampere Audio 3800.1 @ 1 ohmXS Power D3100Big 3Stock alt

thanks guys.. as far as protection plan..... i always fork over the extra dough... i never have luck w electronics.. im just hopin this tv looks good when im kickin all ur asses in GH RB, NHL and MADDEN :) jk