Second Skin Audio

Danny's New Box

Hello Everyone. Here are some pics of my new subwoofer box. This box is tuned at 38hz and has a net of 3.5 Cu ft. It also has 55 inches of port area. This box sounds really good and plays low. We did a test on the TL. It did a 145.8 sealed on the dash at 47 hz, and 148.4 on the floor at 51 hz. My old box did the same as this one during this evening's testing. The floor numbers are down approximately 1.6 db from my usual 150 db. I think that it is due to the weather being cold and I could stand to have a little more battery power. Overall, I am very pleased with the sound and performance of this new enclosure.

100_1584.jpg

100_1585.jpg

100_1586.jpg

100_1587.jpg

100_1588.jpg

100_1589.jpg

100_1590.jpg

100_1591.jpg

TeamSundown-3.jpg

double baffle with a flush mount would look sexy on that box and are those 10s or 12s

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

They're 12's. Derrick824 from the forum here built the box for him. Derrick's got some skillz cause that box looks killer. I'm sure once he gets his other amp in there the number is going to shoot up there.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Very nice. 3.5 cubes ? I'm going to guess 12"s huh ? Those are some BIG numbers there ! Congrats.

I've never heard of VFL American Bass subs. Have you used any others in competition ? How do these compare ?

Think I'll go research them now.

Peace,

Fish

I have used American Bass For quite a while now. The VFL's are dual 2 ohm 1500 watts rms subwoofers. The motor structure consist of double stacked 110 oz magnets I believe. This box can really make those subs move. I have to be careful on some of the music I play. It will bottom out on some of the lower notes if it is too loud.

TeamSundown-3.jpg

They're 12's. Derrick824 from the forum here built the box for him. Derrick's got some skillz cause that box looks killer. I'm sure once he gets his other amp in there the number is going to shoot up there.

I am sure it will too man. If close to 4000 watts @ half ohm doesn't tear them to shreds on a burp, then it will definitely go up. I could stand to have a bit more battery power as well.

TeamSundown-3.jpg

Hey Basshead69, I tried to research these subs a little bit last night, but couldn't find much. Even the ones I did find were listed as 4 ohm dual voice coils... which wouldn't work for me, but you say yours are 2 ohm dvc's ? Do they make these same subs in a 2 ohm dvc 15" ?

Any place you could suggest to find more info on these subs, plus possibly buy ?

Oh, and one more thing; Obviously your into the SPL aspect (which is cool... so am I to a certain degree) but how would you rate these subs in the SQ department ?

Thanks,

Fish