Install Torsion Keyway In 02 Explorer Sport

hey everyone ive been on here for a bit mostly reading all the cool stuff going on...just wondering what a good shop in the east bay area is, as i have 2 inch drop keyways for the front of my 2002 ford explorer sport, it will need the camber caster adjuster for the car also and be aligned. So any shops you reccomend?

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

• 3 weeks later...

big o wont touch it, something about explorers and rollovers :P

i usually go to roger kraus racing but their in like fuckin castro valley and thats helllaaaa far and i gotta sit around there all day while they work on it...looking for somewhere local and good, do my keyways, front and rear sway bars, camber caster and alignment....sittin low in the rear like a lincoln aint my bag of tea :|

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

• 1 year later...

Where do you live, maybe i can recomend a shop or i can possibly do it in a couple of weeks.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

im doing it at the shop i just have never removed some, im going to get a big ass gear puller and give it a go...how do i unload the bar? remove the bolts and just let the tires hang should do the trick?

im not even sure these torsion keyways will lower it all that much shoot, they look identical to stock. we shall see. :drinks:

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

im doing it at the shop i just have never removed some, im going to get a big ass gear puller and give it a go...how do i unload the bar? remove the bolts and just let the tires hang should do the trick?

im not even sure these torsion keyways will lower it all that much shoot, they look identical to stock. we shall see. :drinks:

they should look identical to stock.. they are just re-indexed where the bolt is situated

a 2/3 gear puller will also work thats what I used just take the 3rd claw off and line the 2 up on each opposite end

take the torsion bolt out and let the torsion key rest on the spacer

hook the gear puller on both sides of the crossmember and crank the bolt in the notch

make sure it is on the crossmember good because this is where accidents happen

take the correct sized wrench and start turning the gear puller until you can get the stock key off of the spacer then loosen the gear puller SLOWLY as there is still tension on the torsion bar and then the stock key should just be hanging on the end pull it off put the new one on and reverse the steps

tires don't even have to hang I did mine with the tires still on the ground

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

Archived