Question On Knukonceptz 1/0 Wire

ok, well, so yes for the wire? haha

Bills

lol stinger ovals getting flamed, i know it isnt the best but it works in this situation with only one 1/0 input... if you only have one 1/0 input then just keep it as short as possible unless you can find a way to get two runs of 1/0 reduced to 1/0... that would be ideal/sufficient for ur amperage of ~400a

and id ditch the negative run and spend the time and money finding a great ground on the frame in back

Edited by decafcappucino

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

jeeezus criz...... well i only mentioned the stinger since u dont have to custom fab like that crazy shit above

custom fab is part of what makes car audio fun.. to me at least.

You dont gotta be all pro about getting bussbars made, or machined at a shop.

You can simply go out and buy aluminum semi cheaply, and if you got your self a drill press and some bits start drilling holes, then get a tap and die set, thread some threads in the bar for the set screws to secure the wire in.

Aluminum is soft and is almost as conductive as copper without the cost.

If you got the tools, or friends with tools you can make yourself some crazy but useful stuff cheap!

I just thru pics up for ideas, since it was asked about didnt say its needed..

Since he is using the cheaper price Knukonceptz wire, Im willing to bet he will not want to drop $7.00 a foot on stinger 3/0 oval, then have to buy the 3/0 oval connectors/adaptors at $15+ a piece.

SICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK buss bars^^^^^^^^ and i believe you get more out of 3 runs of 1/0 than one run of the new stinger oval 3/0 anyways just look at the strand count

Yea, Stinger oval 3/0 oval is 6272 strands, knukonceptz fleks 1/0 is 5140 strands, and knukonceptz klm(x) is 5145 strands...... ass rapings by stinger ftl

Of coarse strand count from 1 company to antoher company maybe a little different, meaning that each strand maybe thicker or thinner. But If you look at the Stinger 3/0 oval in person to another decent wire (knu fleks, RF, Kicker) you will laugh as stinger gets walked all over. Again as with cheaper companies (db link, schoshe, install bay) where you buy 1/0 gauge wire and see a big diameter casing, but wire that is equal to or lesser then a quality 4 awg wire, and lots of rubber casing, you get the same thing from this crazy expensive wastefull stinger 3/0.

People dont seem to use that wire much at all by the looks on forums because of its rediculos cost vs performance vs other wire companies.

The whole boner with the wire is that its oval. People thought it was cool.. Im sure if someone puts a trapazoid casing on their wire, people will get a boner over it, then die out just like the stinger.

You'll be just dandy. I have four runs of 1/0 KnuKonceptz wire front to back all + and double runs 1/0 Big 3 with it. I'm running 8000W so your runs should be fine.

IMO chassis grounds are sufficient rather than wasting time running negative leads from the front. But if you have extra wire, more power to you!

Ya, i'm going to do 2 chassis grounds with one from my back buss to my front bat. Randy(Assman) said it would be a good idea to do that. thanks guys. i'm ordering 100ft and abunch of ring terminals from them right now!!!

Bills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain

Or you can get some nasty buss bars and remove your firewall to run something like ^ :D

Where can one find those bars anyways?

Its a comp car so Im sure they dont care about the chopage :)

And those where made by Cactus Sounds or they had them made. Im pretty sure they are not in production or being sold.

But as I stated above, its easy to make your own cheaply with a drill press and a tap & die set :)

see^^^^

it just got flamed again...lol

well someone should come up with an adapter for 2 runs of 1/0 into a standard 1/0 input on sub amps...

cause i dont know of any custom fabrication shops of any sort where im located, pretty small town

Im sorry, but its true... Honestly, if its such great wire, why is no one using it? I seen maybe 2 or 3 people using the wire from browsing multiple forums (termpro, smd, usaci, caraudio).

And those buss bars I posted pics off allow use of 6 runs of 1/0 to be connected to each terminal. The way those are made in the pics is for when you stack 1 amp on top of another, and then you have 3 runs of 1/0 per power connection. Those 7kws have dual pos and neg tho, so each amp is getting 6 pos 1/0 and 6 neg 1/0 connection.

The little round clynders sticking out is what gets connected into the amp.