Sonic Electronix

Requests for advice/help from Meade (me :P)

Steve I need help I have a 18 inch fi btl and a 7.9 cubic inch box total volume 33" wide 20" tall and 25" deep the woofer and port I want in the 20" inch panel I need to know withe the port being 18.5 tall how wide and deep does it need to be for. 32 hz

Hey Steve this is my first message to u from ur site... i was wonderin im lookin to get 2 of ur smd aa 15s for my lexus and i was wonderin generally how much they run cuz im havin trouble findin out anywhere online even the aa website..

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I want to get some new subs. Not that my orions arent loud but i just want to try something new. For awhile ive been waiting on incriminator audio because i really wanted lethal injections but theyve been out of stock going on 2 months now and im running out of patience. And id like to see some t/s specs on them but cant get them anywhere. So ive started looking at other options. FI ssds and dc level 3s are what ive narrowed it down to.

I want to go with 2 12s because i have a small trunk. I have a sundown sae1200 v2 for power, running a 200a alt, big 3 in 0 gauge, and a kinetik hc1400 in the trunk. Whatever option i go with ill build the smallest possible enclosure but still in recommendations( so 3 cu ft after disp. tuned 30-35 hz for the lvl 3s or 3.6 cu ft tuned to 33hz for the ssds) . i dont plan to compete. i want a daily ground pounding system that will get loud and maintain some sound quality in doing so. i know either option will be capable of that and its all install dependent. but i have zero experiance with any company outside of mainstream besides rd and that wasnt a good one. so basically im just lookin for input and opinions from ppl who have experience/heard my listed choices

also i was kinda considering an ssa xcon 15. i could fit it in say a 3-3.5 cu box. but i think id lose alot of output due to less cone area alone. how would it compare to the other 2 choices i listed

Hey Steve i just had some general questions as i'm sure everyone does. I am slowlly building a system for my van. Its an 05 express 12 passanger van. I sofar have 2 6 1/2inch rockford power series component sets for the front doors, 2 rockford 400-4 amps for full range and 4 rockford p1000-1db's for bass. I have a lot of space and planned on getting 4 more 6 1/2's for the rear and i'm leaning towards either 4 18inch subs or 4 15's or maybe just 2 re xxx 18's. then i saw your fi audio 18s and wondered if it would do the trick for less money? and do you think these amps will push something that size well? and what do you think of the t2 15's from rockford?

• 2 weeks later...

Steve, I've asked around the forum what I should get in terms of 2 8" subs for my doors and 1 10" sub for the back (I drive a Mazda B3000) and people have been saying I should go with one or the other. More saying go with the 10". The subs need to be shallow mount. I came across a ROCKFORD FOSGATE P3-SD210. What do you think I should do?

Click Links To View Build Logs

1994 - Mazda B3000 (Daily/Toy/Show)

2002 - Mazda Protege (Daily)

1995 - Hyundai Accent (R.I.P.)

1984 - Bronco II (Restoration Project)

Youtube Channel

as you all can see my site and this forum have REALLY REALLY grown in the last 2 months.  I notice alot of people want to ask me stuff directly.  I just want to let you guys know its very hard to keep up and dont take it personal if i miss something you asked me.  Its not that your being ignored, sometimes with so many threads/responses i just cant catch them all before they get buried.........even if the topic starts with my name in it!

Anyway i try my best to keep up but im sorta busy...i may even read the post and be to lazy to respond right away and then eventually forget about it even though i meant to respond.  Sometimez a brotha just wants to go thru the posts but dont feel like typing so please dont take it personal....if its something REAL important then keep buggin me ill get to ya eventually!

Alright man got a question. Im running 3500 watts in my truck got a yellow top under the hood with a powermaster 220 amp alt. I am always steady at 14v at half power and 13.5+ when slammin. Just recently(last 2 days) our temperature went from 15degrees to 33. My cap is now reading 11v! I know caps are shit and people dont recomend them but i got mine with the system so just put it in. I am curiouse though why I would lose 3 volts. I can even turn my subs off and have my 500 watt speek amp goin and still dip down to 11V. What do you suggest

134db