Sonic Electronix

Requests for advice/help from Meade (me :P)

• 2 weeks later...

HEY MEADE!!!!

DUDE love da stuff...

amazing forum...

whens next show in florida ???

dude i want to go heck if its in tampa ill drive man idc...

LET ME KNOW MAN!!!! LOL...be sick finally see u in person!!! and hear dat amazing system man!!! LOL

Edited by KingJames6

Hey everyone,

I am looking for a new HO alternator for my truck and dunno what size to get. I found the 240 amp / 165 amp idle amputator alternator from Iraggi but I dunno if it will work or if I should get something higher.

I am running a kenwood kdc-x492 head unit, 4 kenwood KFC-C6882ie 3 way speakers, 2 kenwood kfc w3011 subs, a kenwood kac-8404 powering my speakers and a kenwood kac-9104d powering my subs. its wired for 900w rms going to the subs and 200w rms for my speakers. Will the alternator listed above work for my setup?

thanks in advance!

with enough batteries you will be fine.

take a look in the iraggi section before you buy the alt for reviews.

hey meade can you tell me the best way to tune an amp w/ a basscube w/ out usin an o-scope?

Posted Image

use that chart based on your RMS watts of your sub amp and grab your dmm

HEY MEADE!!!!

DUDE love da stuff...

amazing forum...

whens next show in florida ???

dude i want to go heck if its in tampa ill drive man idc...

LET ME KNOW MAN!!!! LOL...be sick finally see u in person!!! and hear dat amazing system man!!! LOL

unless he's takin a road trip you are trippin lol we are over here in cali

but for any shows around your area check tempro.com

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

• 4 weeks later...

Quick question, I'm sure it's dumb but i just upgraded my amp in my setup but it vibrates so much my cd player(pioneer 3800) started skipping. Any quick fixes or am I looking at getting a new head unit? and where can i look for a new alternator that will actually fit in my '02 town and country? :rolleyes:

Quick question, I'm sure it's dumb but i just upgraded my amp in my setup but it vibrates so much my cd player(pioneer 3800) started skipping. Any quick fixes or am I looking at getting a new head unit? and where can i look for a new alternator that will actually fit in my '02 town and country? :rolleyes:

I had the same thing happen in my Tahoe, and I put some foam all around the head unit, and made sure that it was as secure as it could be, and it stopped.

160 + dB and Gaining!!S_10_clean.gifSMD1.jpg

• 1 month later...

what do you think 2 dd 2512"s in a 3.26 cu ft net box will do on the meter in a f150 ext cab subs foward port up

on a m3 dd amp cause we have a 4.37 cu ft box with the same set up and it hits 147.6 on the turmlab meter.

Edited by chris1988 chevy

under consturstion

1988 dodge aires, 300 amp alt

2 dd z1 amps, 4 dd3512"s

4 xs power d3400 battarys and EQ7

6 sets of dd componets and 3 dd zt45

• 1 month later...

getting a cavalier

want advice on what would sound good sq/spl build money not a major issue but budget is under $2500 for alt batts everything

thanks if you could help

budget can be up to $3500 not over

Edited by anubis

1998 Monte Carlo Z34

Stock HU but have replacement

Stock Highs

Stock Electrical

BTL 18 sitting naked

AP1500D

• 1 month later...

sup guys, SkittleZ again...

I have a nissan sentra (2006)...

got 2x 12inch Kicker L5's being pushed by a 2000watt amp, and an AudioKick cap.

The system hits harder then anything around here, but I want to hit hard...so I got a 3300watt Rockford amp, and 760 Pioneer amp.

Yet, I'm have some trouble makin room for them, and for the batteries...which brings me to my question

how do I hook up the extra batteries so it's pretty safe, and won't cause a short or fire.

I'm trying to find bigger alternator for the rig. Havin trouble with that.

I want to run the 760 for the mids and highs, but the 3300, and 2000 for the lows.

I do plan in the future gettin at least 2 more Kickers. But room is limited like I said, so it'll be awhile for them.

skittlez- the coolest most awsomeist person everDefination of the name