dwright27 Posted December 1, 2008 Report Posted December 1, 2008 im specifically looking at the new tang band underhung midbass drivers. model numbers W4-1720 W5-1685 and W6-1721 parts express has them for a pretty fair price and the other ones im looking at are the bamboo drivers. model numbers W3-1364S and W4-1320SD and W41337SA and im really digging the look of the Usher 8" Kevlar and Carbone Fiber woofers model number 8137A. has anyone used these drivers or have any experience or comments on them? 2006 F-150 4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver XS Power 4 DC 3.5kw Team DC Team S.P.L. Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0 DC Audio Dealer American Bass Dealer XS Power Dealer Audio Technix Dealer
AI James Posted December 1, 2008 Report Posted December 1, 2008 the tang band's i have a few of them, kinda dissapointing for the size
kickerman Posted December 1, 2008 Report Posted December 1, 2008 i know they look cool as hell 18" mmats juggernaut rf t10001bd alpine h/u
dwright27 Posted December 1, 2008 Author Report Posted December 1, 2008 the tang band's i have a few of them, kinda dissapointing for the size is the sound just not up to par?? really looking for pretty much a review from you James. 2006 F-150 4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver XS Power 4 DC 3.5kw Team DC Team S.P.L. Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0 DC Audio Dealer American Bass Dealer XS Power Dealer Audio Technix Dealer
Forevrbumpn Posted December 1, 2008 Report Posted December 1, 2008 Ive been wanting to try the under hung, and the neo high excursion models myself I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
AI James Posted December 1, 2008 Report Posted December 1, 2008 Well to keep it short they are big, so instalation is a pain in the ass much like the old XXX mids. Youd think they would have a shitload of midbass by looking at the driver, my RSD had more midbass in the same application off a 100.4 active they do sound good in the center channel i made though
Megalomaniac Posted December 12, 2008 Report Posted December 12, 2008 The Tangband did exceptionally well in the midrange but down in the lower region not so well. For the money they are decent, but wont be an easy installation in a car door http://www.zaphaudio.com/6.5test/ Team Stereo Clarity
Forevrbumpn Posted December 12, 2008 Report Posted December 12, 2008 Well to keep it short they are big, so instalation is a pain in the ass much like the old XXX mids. Youd think they would have a shitload of midbass by looking at the driver, my RSD had more midbass in the same application off a 100.4 active they do sound good in the center channel i made though James, I just realized you tried a box type speaker in a free air config, and wondered why a free air mid that was about half the quality sounded better? Those Tang bands, the neos and under hung both require boxes due to there specs Now if you have like a little 0.4cf box, tuned at 50hz with like a 1" port, and the RSD still sounded better, then there are some probls there I know that was a few days late, but I just realized what you typed there I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
AI James Posted December 12, 2008 Report Posted December 12, 2008 James, I just realized you tried a box type speaker in a free air config, and wondered why a free air mid that was about half the quality sounded better? Those Tang bands, the neos and under hung both require boxes due to there specs Now if you have like a little 0.4cf box, tuned at 50hz with like a 1" port, and the RSD still sounded better, then there are some probls there I know that was a few days late, but I just realized what you typed there actually they were used in a closed in area (a box) within a door. still werent great
Forevrbumpn Posted December 12, 2008 Report Posted December 12, 2008 suprising Ive used many home audio speakers in cars before, and they usually work, but are very picky if it was a sealed chamber, then I dunno, unless its to small, or whatever I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.