Adding Another Battery

So I understand that a lot of big power systems need the addition of another battery, but I can't figure out how it gets wired up. Do you have a positive wire running from the battery up front to the addition battery, so that the alt charges both of them? Or do you have 2 wires going from the alt, one to the primary battery and one to the second battery? Just trying to soak up some knowledge from you guys, and I can't figure this out for the life of me. Sorry for such a n00bish question :01nocomment8so:

chicken is basically the native american hulk, you think he broke that curb with his rim? think again, that was merely him stubbing his toe.

smd5.png

Running them in parallel means you can put bat 2 on the main power wire between the front bat and the amp. Same voltage and double the amperage (back bat needs its own ground)

So 2 batts doesn't need 2 alts, just a high output alt that can handle the load of the extra battery?

chicken is basically the native american hulk, you think he broke that curb with his rim? think again, that was merely him stubbing his toe.

smd5.png

So 2 batts doesn't need 2 alts, just a high output alt that can handle the load of the extra battery?

yes it can and maybe even charge up to 5 batteries.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Archived