Mechman Alternators

From what I've seen, our 200 amp unit is pretty similar to the Powermaster. All of the Powermaster units that I've seen use an OEM type bearing, which is fine, but I've had better luck with NTN. Every Powermaster unit I've seen also has a stock size charge post, whereas most of ours have an oversized charge post. I havn't inspected every all of their stuff, but it seems like we generally use a heavier rectifier than what I've seen them use.

To be fair, all of the Powermaster units that I've tested did put out what they where supposed to amperage wise, so I can't really say that they are over rated.

My bad, I ment between the 2 200 amp alts you have, 299 model and this 399 model. They both say 200 amps I just want to know what the extra 100 dollars are for. Most guys see "amps" and what not and think an alt is an alt. I am not trying to bug you I am just trying to see what the differences are for the money. Can 1 perform better or last longer than the other?

My bad, I ment between the 2 200 amp alts you have, 299 model and this 399 model. They both say 200 amps I just want to know what the extra 100 dollars are for. Most guys see "amps" and what not and think an alt is an alt. I am not trying to bug you I am just trying to see what the differences are for the money. Can 1 perform better or last longer than the other?

Gotcha.

The $399 Unit has adjustable voltage, 70 amp diodes, a hotter rotor (10-20 amps more at idle) and an oversized ground lug.

The $299 Unit has 50 amp diodes, and a heavy duty fixed voltage regulator.

Either of them will be comperable to Origional equipment durability, they arn't even breaking a sweat at 200 amps with those components.

I completely agree.. All my PowerMaster, EA, MCR, and not to name the rest, all have tiny little charge posts. This is essentially worthless to me since I have aeverything done in 4/0 welding cable. Here's pics of what all my other alts look like.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ascendant Audio

8 AA Havoc 15's in a 4th order

For some applications, the stock size charge post is fine, for others, it's nice to have something bigger. To be fair, some charge posts are cast right into the rectifier assembly and can't be made bigger, so you can't always increase the size depending on the unit. We have upgraded the size whenever possible.