How does this look...3 runs of 1/0

Bare with me since this will be my first working with so much 1/0 :blush:

Looking at which way would be best for me to wire every thing to keep up with 10,000rms (watts) while maintaning an excellent voltage.

This is what I had in mind..

260amp alt..

From the Alt-

Run 1/0 from the alt's + to the battery (under hood) +

From the yellow top (under hood, starter battery)

Run 3 runs of 1/0 from the yellow top's + to the Kinetiks' (batteries in the back for audio)+, running it under the car.

Sounds good to you guys? What would you guys do differently?

i'd do at least two runs from the alternator + to the battery +. also do three runs of 1/0 - back to the kinetiks batteries -. last but not least ground the battery in the front with at least (2) 1/0 grounds and ground the alternator - to the engine block.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

i'd do at least two runs from the alternator + to the battery +. also do three runs of 1/0 - back to the kinetiks batteries -. last but not least ground the battery in the front with at least (2) 1/0 grounds and ground the alternator - to the engine block

Your alternator should already be bolted to the engine block.  Maybe you meant ground the battery to the engine block?

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

i'd do at least two runs from the alternator + to the battery +. also do three runs of 1/0 - back to the kinetiks batteries -. last but not least ground the battery in the front with at least (2) 1/0 grounds and ground the alternator - to the engine block

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

i'd do at least two runs from the alternator + to the battery +. also do three runs of 1/0 - back to the kinetiks batteries -. last but not least ground the battery in the front with at least (2) 1/0 grounds and ground the alternator - to the engine blockactually its, 1. battery ground to frame/chassis, 2. alt to battery +, 3. engine block to frame/chassis. since your alternator is already grounded to the block, you dont need that.

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

i'd do at least two runs from the alternator + to the battery +. also do three runs of 1/0 - back to the kinetiks batteries -. last but not least ground the battery in the front with at least (2) 1/0 grounds and ground the alternator - to the engine blockSame thing I was thinking...

Isn't the battery under the hood and alt grounded to the frame?

Your engine block and chassis are two different things.  The Alternator is bolted to the engine.  Adding a ground wire from the alternator to the engine block will do absolutely nothing.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

we just said that.

Maybe the way its worded is confusing me but its sounds like he doesn't understand the difference between the engine block and the chassis.  "the engine block or moreless chassis "  I wanted to make sure he and anyone who reads understands that these are two different things.  The rest was just me trying to reiterrate it because he didn't seem to believe me earlier.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

i'd do at least two runs from the alternator + to the battery +. also do three runs of 1/0 - back to the kinetiks batteries -. last but not least ground the battery in the front with at least (2) 1/0 grounds and ground the alternator - to the engine block.

So you would pretty much do what I said I was going to do except do two runs from the ALT to the battery?