So I'm a senior in high school with a little over 6 months to graduate and I have no idea what I want to do for the rest of my life. Of course parents want me to go to college, but I'm not sure if college is right for me. For the past year or so I have really been considering the Coast Guard or the Coast Guard Reserve. I've done a lot of research, but most of the stuff is coming from recruiters who I know tend to sugarcoat things. Plus I know if I do decide to go to college they wil help pay for it. Just wondering if any of you guys serve or have served in the Coast Guard and what are the Pros and the Cons.

2000 Jeep Cherokee

-DC Audio

-Memphis

-Audioque

-SecondSkin

-Pioneer

-KnuKonceptz

So I'm a senior in high school with a little over 6 months to graduate and I have no idea what I want to do for the rest of my life. Of course parents want me to go to college, but I'm not sure if college is right for me. For the past year or so I have really been considering the Coast Guard or the Coast Guard Reserve. I've done a lot of research, but most of the stuff is coming from recruiters who I know tend to sugarcoat things. Plus I know if I do decide to go to college they wil help pay for it. Just wondering if any of you guys serve or have served in the Coast Guard and what are the Pros and the Cons.

the national guard wanted me to pay for it then they reimburse me

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

I would at least give college a try. If you don't you'll look back and wonder what your life would be like if you went. I went for a little over a year and then decided that it wasn't all I wanted to do at the time. Now I want to go back again at age 26 and obtain a degree to help me have a better career. I also attended a trade school to which I'm not using at all to support myself either. Make sure you choose something that is long term and offers stability. My wife is in the medical field as a RN and she makes big cash and has all the job stability in the world. That's how we ended up in North Carolina. She got a job offer and they gave us 3 grand to cover moving expenses along with a sign on bonus and we couldn't refuse.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

I've been active duty Navy for almost 14 years. I can say this about college.....true it will be paid for but the needs of the Coast Guard and any other branch will always come first. At least try college first. It can't hurt. You can do all the research on the net that you want but you will never fully understand what it is the Coast Guard does until you actually join. At the end of the day you have to do what's right for you and what decision you make.

Member since 25 Jun 2006

2011 Yukon DenaliCustomLightz 4300K HID RetrofitEsky TailsEsky Third BrakeEsky 22sEsky Appliques

Im in the process of joining the coast guard. I will ask my (lazy ass) recruiter about this and then get back to you. 00sdmie00 is in the coast guard, maybe you can pm him :)

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D