Sundown Audio

Help Me Tune My Amp Pic Inside

Guest Fi-Beat-Down

Lolz

Bump!!

ahahaha

I guess, this is not 100% correct, and you wont be 100% correct unless you have an o-scope, If you have a DMM you can tune your settings to about 95% right. This image is like um 75% correct.

I dont know what headunit you use besides the fact its a Pioneer. Some pioneers have a 2 volt preamp output, some have a 4 volt preamp output, that results in a signifigant change in gain setting. The higher the volt preamp you have, the less gain you need.

I did not mess with bassboost settings, Its not needed. I can do over 150deebeez and with using 0 bass boost. If you decide to use bass boost, your gain should be turned even lower..

On this image, if your deck is a 4 volt preout headunit, use the RED ARROW for the gain. If your deck is a 2 volt preout use the YELLOW ARROW on the gain.

The subsonic filter setting is dependent on your box tuning, but rule of thumb is around 30hz for ported boxes.

The low pass filter is also dependent on box tuning, but as long as you have it turned to where you hear no midranges/voices you should be fine.

Posted Image

Again, this is just an estimate by using the voltage ranges on the amps end caps. If the gain is all the way down it means your headunit would put out 9 volts (not common accept in a few eclipse headunits) The other way to reach this high voltage is with a line driver. All the way down would equal a head unit with a .02 preout voltage, so half way would equal about 4.4ish volts.

This is just to get you a start point.

LEVEL: straight up to the 1-oclock position

Phase: zero

Bass EQ: zero

Sub SOnic: just below your port tuning

Low Pass: around 70 -80 or 10-oclock position.

Just a starting point

2007 Great Wall So Cool

4-12' RE audio MX's

Stetsom 7k2D

6-Batts

3-Mechman 250 amp Rhino's

Guest Fi-Beat-Down

Lolz

Bump!!

ahahaha

I guess, this is not 100% correct, and you wont be 100% correct unless you have an o-scope, If you have a DMM you can tune your settings to about 95% right. This image is like um 75% correct.

I dont know what headunit you use besides the fact its a Pioneer. Some pioneers have a 2 volt preamp output, some have a 4 volt preamp output, that results in a signifigant change in gain setting. The higher the volt preamp you have, the less gain you need.

I did not mess with bassboost settings, Its not needed. I can do over 150deebeez and with using 0 bass boost. If you decide to use bass boost, your gain should be turned even lower..

On this image, if your deck is a 4 volt preout headunit, use the RED ARROW for the gain. If your deck is a 2 volt preout use the YELLOW ARROW on the gain.

The subsonic filter setting is dependent on your box tuning, but rule of thumb is around 30hz for ported boxes.

The low pass filter is also dependent on box tuning, but as long as you have it turned to where you hear no midranges/voices you should be fine.

Posted Image

Again, this is just an estimate by using the voltage ranges on the amps end caps. If the gain is all the way down it means your headunit would put out 9 volts (not common accept in a few eclipse headunits) The other way to reach this high voltage is with a line driver. All the way down would equal a head unit with a .02 preout voltage, so half way would equal about 4.4ish volts.

wow, you thanks alot for going that far to show me.. i will look up my deck to see the specs, and ill get back with you when i do the tune, lol im way off. thanks alot..

Guest Fi-Beat-Down

This is just to get you a start point.

LEVEL: straight up to the 1-oclock position

Phase: zero

Bass EQ: zero

Sub SOnic: just below your port tuning

Low Pass: around 70 -80 or 10-oclock position.

Just a starting point

thanks make alot more sience when its easyly broken down, iv goggled steps but they were real long and i didnt understand it,.. and i like that fact of fiding the fight settings by using clock time terms because i was like how can i tell what is what if its not labeled all the way around the knobs..

thanks again.

Amps used to have the reading all the way around,, I think it is cheaper to leave the extras off, and the location of the numbers are never accurate, with the dial location.

2007 Great Wall So Cool

4-12' RE audio MX's

Stetsom 7k2D

6-Batts

Amps used to have the reading all the way around,, I think it is cheaper to leave the extras off, and the location of the numbers are never accurate, with the dial location.

That is why the DMM, O-scope and everything else is so Important...

2007 Great Wall So Cool

4-12' RE audio MX's

Stetsom 7k2D

6-Batts

Guest Fi-Beat-Down

well yes i was way off,. I took a pic of the edited version you re did for me,.. as a starting point,

and wow what a difference sounds 100% different.

-=-=-=... now that its alot better I was driving and the first song i had played on it when the beat dropped, the fuse popped under the hood,.. I guess that's a good thing in a way now that its slamming harder, I noticed i had the worng one in the fuse holder, its a 60Amp, i have 80 & 100, what would be best.

thanks everyone

Archived