Sundown Audio

Help Me Tune My Amp Pic Inside

Guest Fi-Beat-Down

No, do what bangin caddy said. You should have at least a 150 amp fuse on your power wire. And eliassami5 you have the subsonic backwards, it should be lower for sealed than ported. A sealed box can control the cone movement better because the pressure of the air inside the box. A ported box cannot do this as well because it is "open", and its up to the suspension of the sub to control the cone movement.

yes i realize a sealed box is "closed" and a ported box is "open" :rolleyes:...but a sealed enclosure is meant for higher tighter frequencies unlike ported enclosures which can reproduce lower frequency's much better hence why you set the subsonic filter high for sealed boxes and lower for ported boxes. Maybe you got your subsonic filter and low pass filter mixed up?

And no there is no difference between the 1208d and the 1608d, they are the same amp by the same company except yours is a step up from mine.

DSC06330-1.jpg

91' Jeep Cherokee - The Heep

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

Guest Fi-Beat-Down

Everything looks good then.

ok great, also until i find someone who sells the bass knobs for that amp,

what can i do to raise to overall power of the amp?

i beat on it hard and the amp is ice cold and the sub is ice cold, after 45 mins of ride time going home each day.

the cones moving pretty good still thow.. yet i wounder if if you tell me what i can do to add more power yet lower the sub sonic i believe will help the cone from pushing out so hard...

Guest Fi-Beat-Down

yes i realize a sealed box is "closed" and a ported box is "open" :rolleyes:...but a sealed enclosure is meant for higher tighter frequencies unlike ported enclosures which can reproduce lower frequency's much better hence why you set the subsonic filter high for sealed boxes and lower for ported boxes. Maybe you got your subsonic filter and low pass filter mixed up?

And no there is no difference between the 1208d and the 1608d, they are the same amp by the same company except yours is a step up from mine.

so on a vented box what should my sub and low be at ?

like what " O clock Position " should i be starting at,

You dont need to use a sub sonic filter in a sealed box like duct tape said. A ported box, something with a hole in it, allows the subwoofers suspension to bottom out when played below ported box tuning.....

And yes, there is a difference between the 1208d and the 1608d....

the 1208d does 1200wrms @ 1 ohm, and the 1608d does 1600wrms @ 1 ohm.

Maybe you should do some research first...

And yes the 1608, 1607, 1608 are fused at 140 amps (two 70 amp fuses)

The only difference between the amps model number in the last 2 digits (06, 07, 08, etc) is the year the amp was built. So the next amp will be a bxi-1609d. The first 2 digits 12, 16, is the claimed rms wattage 12= 1200wrms, 16= 16rms and so on for the BXI or Brutus line.

Guest Fi-Beat-Down

Bass knob. And for more power make sure the big 3 are done in 1/0 as well as the power wire. Large gauge speaker wire also helps.

Sealed boxes can play just as low as ported boxes, most times a lot cleaner because of the control of the cone. But it all depends on the tuning of the ported box.

the one i have is a Hfr - 3

i cant use 4 ga? thats what im using on my amp now

i just didnt think 0 would be helpful for my set up,

1-10" fi bl

1606 amp

hc18000 battery

Guest Fi-Beat-Down

Bass knob. And for more power make sure the big 3 are done in 1/0 as well as the power wire. Large gauge speaker wire also helps.

Sealed boxes can play just as low as ported boxes, most times a lot cleaner because of the control of the cone. But it all depends on the tuning of the ported box.

what size wire works well on a bl 10"

Archived