Sundown Audio

Help Me Tune My Amp Pic Inside

Guest Fi-Beat-Down

You dont need to use a sub sonic filter in a sealed box like duct tape said. A ported box, something with a hole in it, allows the subwoofers suspension to bottom out when played below ported box tuning.....

And yes, there is a difference between the 1208d and the 1608d....

the 1208d does 1200wrms @ 1 ohm, and the 1608d does 1600wrms @ 1 ohm.

Maybe you should do some research first...

And yes the 1608, 1607, 1608 are fused at 140 amps (two 70 amp fuses)

The only difference between the amps model number in the last 2 digits (06, 07, 08, etc) is the year the amp was built. So the next amp will be a bxi-1609d. The first 2 digits 12, 16, is the claimed rms wattage 12= 1200wrms, 16= 16rms and so on for the BXI or Brutus line.

If you read my post closely and if you had common sense then you would have understood what i was saying. Yes i realize the two amps are different but I was replying to the OP previous post where he thought they were completely different amps. I said they are the same amp (meaning amp line) made by the same company (HiFonics) but yours is a step up from mine (mine being the 1200 watt version and his being the 1600 watt version). And where in my post did it lead you to think that i didnt know what the amp model numbers where, or meant?

And yes i have done my research, especially about this particular amplifier which is the closest model to what the OP has of anyone who has posted in this thread.

Also..why are you're posts so god damn long..get to the point already. Seriously every one of your posts has to be no less that half an essay.

DSC06330-1.jpg

91' Jeep Cherokee - The Heep

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

Ok noobie.. If you turn your sub sonic filter all the way up or even half way up your going to be blocking the freq of what the subwoofers are for, IE youll be playing mids thru your subs. Maybe thats how you roll...

My posts maybe long, but they are full of correct info, and educating a fellow audio guy that is looking for help.

Saying the amp is the same, then its a step up is a double standard. Which makes me believe you got no idea what your talking about.. Thats like saying a Rockford fosgate 20001bd and a 30001bd are the same amp but just the next step up while they run completely pcb's.

Maybe your def of "same" means something that is made by the same company, but has completely different pcb's, fets, driversboards, heatsinks, fuse ratings etc.

When I think of something that is the "same" it means that all things are equal in value, size, shape etc.

But yea, keep your SSF turned up and dont push your stereo to its full potential.

Here is what my amp is set up like, keep in mind im running 2 12"s in a sealed box at 4 ohms.

Posted Image

Turns out that my subsonic was set at 25hz and not the 35hz that i first thought it was at. I might try playing with it at 15 and 35 and seeing which sounds better since maybe the advice i was given before might not have been correct. Oh and my head unit has 4 volt pre-outs so your gain will have to be turned down...the only way to know is if you set it with a DMM. And yes i know that the gain or "level" knob looks like it's at it's fullest setting but it's not, after about 85% turned the gain starts increasing exponentially. So if i turned it about 1-2% more then what it is on that picture then the voltage would increase from 27 to 32 ish. Thats why in my first post i said dont rely on the numbers printed around the knob.

By the way the level settings were done with a DMM and a 50hz test tone with the volume at 75%.

DSC06330-1.jpg

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

Guest Fi-Beat-Down

hahaha wow thanks everyone for your input all i can do sadly is read your post and try to learn from them,.

because i dont know shit about amps and all that just basic info, and i look to you guys for good answers.

i dont mean to start beefing in here, but what we need to get down to is,.. a solid answer for 1 type of set up. mine.

great job everyone..

Guest Fi-Beat-Down

The ssf is set fine on it, but the almost maxxed out gain is BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD....

Nothing like a little extra clipping to get some more power out of an amp becuase its ran at 4 ohms... Lol

cant wait to see the reply from that one,

:)

The ssf is set fine on it, but the almost maxxed out gain is BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD....

Nothing like a little extra clipping to get some more power out of an amp becuase its ran at 4 ohms... Lol

X2 :rolleyes:

Rollerz Only - Sacramento Chapter. 6 Time Lowrider Magazine club of the year

94 Xploder on 22s - Gutted for now...

87 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham on hydros, fully euroed out Tookie blue

*ROLLERZ ONLY MAFIA*

Crankin the volume knob and hittin switches.

http://www.rollerzonly.com

And yes i know that the gain or "level" knob looks like it's at it's fullest setting but it's not, after about 85% turned the gain starts increasing exponentially. So if i turned it about 1-2% more then what it is on that picture then the voltage would increase from 27 to 32 ish. Thats why in my first post i said dont rely on the numbers printed around the knob.

By the way the level settings were done with a DMM and a 50hz test tone with the volume at 75%.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif

The gain is at 27V, if i turn the gain knob all the way it would be at 48V

DSC06330-1.jpg

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

Archived