Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

To Wall A T-line Or Not....


rusty959

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a 93 ford probe gt, and this is the best pic of the rear I have of it.

IMG_8270.jpg

I recently picked up a few sheets of 3/4 mdf and need something to do with them. Right now I just have a pos 12" sub in it, and a kicker kx1200.1, so I have around 1200+ watts rms available for this build, but a new amp is always a possibility in the future. No matter what I do I want to have a wall... the hatch and trunk area rattles way too much even with this pos 12, and I figure a wall is the easiest way to deal with it. Behind the rear seats I have a 36x36x16 (12 cubes) area to work with that is perfectly rectangular, but I also have more room where the glass comes up to the roof. That being said, im not extremely attached the the back seats if they became a problem.

For a long time I have been set on doing a t-line. First I wanted to do an 18, but would have to lose the back seats likely, and after doing more research have seen that 18's dont seem to have good specs for one. Then I set my sights to a 15, but I only have room for one and 1200+watts seems a little much. So, currently I am looking at 2 DC lvl4's 12's in a t-line walled off behind the rear seats, which I think I can do if I can get it to wind around right. I guess this takes input from someone who has experience with the quarter waves, but is the extra cost and space involved worth it compared to just say a 18 in a ported enclosure? It seems like people who have done them speak highly of them, but I guess I need some reassurance before I take more time to get the extra $$$ to get an extra sub as well as a hugely more complex box and an extra sheet of so of mdf weighing my car down.

Posted

My little brother has a single DC lvl 3 15" in a tline and it is louder than three 15s off of double the power. He just bought a new amp and we are going to do all three again, subs up port back, then he should be knockin! Here is his install.

Posted

do a half wall quarterwave

should slam

hows the interior look?

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Posted

dude, you do 2 12's in a tline in that car, and I hope your car wont flex the f apart. We just built a tline for a 15 in a blazer and that shite was ridiculous. He only had about 600 watts to it and it hit harder and had wayyyyyy more body flex than my 2 15's off of 2000 watts in a sunfire. 2 12's in a tline would be much louder than one 18 in a ported enclosure. Especially in a probe. Damn!!!! I wanna wall my sunfire with 2 15's tlined so f'n bad!!!

Loud as f*ck, and sounds good doing it.

Team built from here on out!!!!

BIG things to come.........

Missing link is the shite!!!

SMDMafiaEagleScorpio1.jpg

bannerfans_8aed9634.png

Posted

The thing about t-lines over ported is ported meters better than t-lines, t-lines have more air movement

I honestly haven't seen many t-lines get past 150, but how many ported boxes, and walls have you seen go past 150?

Thing about t-lines, it does make it pretty easy to get up to about a 145db impressively with lower power, and usually smaller cone area

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Posted

Thanks all for the help. Guess Ive pretty much been convinced to do a tline.

do a half wall quarterwave

should slam

hows the interior look?

What do you mean by a "half wall?"

What do you mean by hows the interior? like the condition of it or what? If so its pretty much perfect, cloth seats age pretty well.

The thing about t-lines over ported is ported meters better than t-lines, t-lines have more air movement

I honestly haven't seen many t-lines get past 150, but how many ported boxes, and walls have you seen go past 150?

Thing about t-lines, it does make it pretty easy to get up to about a 145db impressively with lower power, and usually smaller cone area

So are you saying that t-lines in a way start to have diminishing returns or is it just that very few people actually do a multiple sub setup with a lot of power with a t-line due to the amount of room it takes?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2223 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...