Sonic Electronix

Advice Being Given...

I have spent a little time looking around at some of the advice thats been given on this site...and for the most part its good.The problem I'm having is that some of the non professionals are giving some advice thats just plain wrong..how to's,electrical, etc..There are plenty of pro's on this site to ask for help..I know that when you ask a question there is instantly 50 answers..but most are not even close to right...as for the people that keep bashing people for asking here and not(googleing it)..what gives,if someone has a legit question..put it up,this is a audio forum we should not be running every one off to google.Lets stop with the bashing of people looking for answers to good questions...to the other side of the coin...think hard before you ask question on here..do a little research,odds are its been asked a few times already.Thanks guys.

sometimes the less experienced must help out the experienced, because they are too busy out there building systems. I may not be as knowledgeable as the next guy, but if someone asks a question, and I sincerely believe my answer is correct, due to me reading about it (usually on this very forum or somewhere else), then I will post. Then again, I, unlike many, have a decent amount of common sense and I'm pretty good at remembering what I learn, and don't just post dump.

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

sometimes the less experienced must help out the experienced, because they are too busy out there building systems. I may not be as knowledgeable as the next guy, but if someone asks a question, and I sincerely believe my answer is correct, due to me reading about it (usually on this very forum or somewhere else), then I will post. Then again, I, unlike many, have a decent amount of common sense and I'm pretty good at remembering what I learn, and don't just post dump.

Thank you.

even I asks questions, hell I see the master DrDB asking questions from time to time, and dude has 20yrs experience!!

We are learning EVERY day

Sometimes I think I know everything when it comes to speakers, because I worked with one of the best speaker engineers of the 20th century for 4+ years, but this is the 21st century now, and I'am still learning things daily

I know jack shit about alarms, and I will freely ask questions about alarms or anything else I'am lost on.

Example:

I seen a Cadence HYBRID capacitor, that is supposed to be cap /SLASH/ Battery , and I have seen some generic version of it for 50% off, and was interested in them, seems like a cool deal, but Iam lost on what a Hybrid Cap really is... can anyone answer this for me yet?? lol

But yeah, not everyone knows everything

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

yep yep

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

BTW

Dude, we have a project we are supposed to be working on ;-)

Acrylic and motors and stuff-

ehemmmm

I will bring some stuff by the shop tomorrow

sundown.jpg

'Even the wisest of men has much to learn'. If I know it to be true through how or what I have been educated, then I will say it. If it's a theory of mine, I'll say I hypothesise or I believe. If it isn't true, I won't say it.....unless it's bleedingly obviously sarcastic.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

Archived