Second Skin Audio

New T-line

CR Boom

Not criticising (sp) at all. Just a question. You gonna 45 that right angle? You could kerf that corner too if I am looking at it correctly. Correct me if I am wrong.

I want to, but I will lose my width.. on cad it just didn't look correct so I am going to do it as I build..

2007 Great Wall So Cool

4-12' RE audio MX's

Stetsom 7k2D

6-Batts

3-Mechman 250 amp Rhino's

Not criticising (sp) at all. Just a question. You gonna 45 that right angle? You could kerf that corner too if I am looking at it correctly. Correct me if I am wrong.

I wanted some advise that is why I posted the pic's..... How critical is it to keep the constant width? I was worried about it being big and then small again, will gain about 1.5 inches there...

2007 Great Wall So Cool

4-12' RE audio MX's

Stetsom 7k2D

6-Batts

3-Mechman 250 amp Rhino's

It looks good, but to my eye, it looks like the area is to large, making the quarter wave look short.

Since the whole box is kerfed, might as well kerf that corner in there

As far as 2-12"s, me personally, I would do it as a horn, start off with area of 1-12, end at 2-12s

And since its 2 subs, you will need to have an actual chamber for the 2, so that the pressure wave going in to the line/horn is in phase with both 12s

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I wanted some advise that is why I posted the pic's..... How critical is it to keep the constant width? I was worried about it being big and then small again, will gain about 1.5 inches there...

i have seen people play with the surface area to see what response is recieved by doing this. there is the tutorial on t-lines that is pinned in the "enclosures" section that foreverbumpin started. and foreverbumpin has already responded about the kerf of the initial corner. I don't have alot of experience so to speak but I will ask someone if I can post a pic of the plans for an enclosure that was built completely kerfed. will get at ya.

Loud as f*ck, and sounds good doing it.

Team built from here on out!!!!

BIG things to come.........

Missing link is the shite!!!

SMDMafiaEagleScorpio1.jpg

bannerfans_8aed9634.png

hope you are using a circular saw to do those kirfs cuz that would be a bitch to do with a table saw. man i need to build a t-line. who wants to design me two t-lines? one for a 10" tc-oem and another for a 15" tc-3k+.

Need any thing chromed? Hit me up!!!

gamer tag: (360)

mEmEnToMoRi64

My Myspace

refs:

from here: RollinSoLow, Derrick824, Ray

from c.a.c.o. : teamsubgopoof, splvictim20, SundownAudioNY

from C.A.J. : Donpisto, spladdict19, CAJunkyard, JBLCAMRY, DasBot (robot underground)

from ca.com: alxmlr789,photocrazy8

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

2c27c692.jpg

I noticed starting off smaller area, ending up larger area you gain the most in the low end

Ive done this time and time again, with the hundred something quarter waves I built, the last 30 or so, I have slowly flared/horned the opening. Its basically a un-calculated horn, kind of like buying a good prefab box, and throwing a few different subs in it, and noticing they all sound good, but can be a little better, but will settle for now type sound

Sometimes, they just come out beyond well expectated

to this point, I never built a t line or horn that did not sound better than ported in my opinion, even when slightly miscalculated

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Archived