Forevrbumpn Posted December 13, 2008 Report Posted December 13, 2008 Thats not that high, its probably cuz you didnt use the Fs as a tuning point You either gotta use the Fs, or some sort of EQ'd bass boost to center some sort of peak at. Sometimes I will do a universal 40hz t-line, and it will sound great- if the guy has a Pioneer deck with adjustable bass frequency, and Q control I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
CR Boom Posted December 13, 2008 Author Report Posted December 13, 2008 Thats not that high, its probably cuz you didnt use the Fs as a tuning point You either gotta use the Fs, or some sort of EQ'd bass boost to center some sort of peak at. Sometimes I will do a universal 40hz t-line, and it will sound great- if the guy has a Pioneer deck with adjustable bass frequency, and Q control Bass Boost At amp is all the way off. I had the sub sonis at 30 and the LP at 80 I use a Audio contol 3.1, which has +/- 12db, 40- 80.. I can't find the sweet spot Maybe extend the length first to , if that don't wrk, shorten and try to get to 40, truck normally peaks at 41 so I tried to go 10 lower.. 2007 Great Wall So Cool 4-12' RE audio MX's Stetsom 7k2D 6-Batts 3-Mechman 250 amp Rhino's
Forevrbumpn Posted December 13, 2008 Report Posted December 13, 2008 Id drop the sub sonic down below or at Fs, and then add poly fill to the whole line see if that helps I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Forevrbumpn Posted December 13, 2008 Report Posted December 13, 2008 Basically, the sub Naturally wants to play 25hz, yet its being restricted due to electronic components, flip that around, and see what happens Last thing, if none of that works, try sealing the front of the sub, and have it set as a bandpass transmission line I love my t-line bandpass it puts any other box on the streets of Sac at 350 watts to shammeee Well, I sure think it does, I'am still suffering from a bass headache from boomin all day I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
CR Boom Posted December 13, 2008 Author Report Posted December 13, 2008 Basically, the sub Naturally wants to play 25hz, yet its being restricted due to electronic components, flip that around, and see what happens Last thing, if none of that works, try sealing the front of the sub, and have it set as a bandpass transmission line I love my t-line bandpass it puts any other box on the streets of Sac at 350 watts to shammeee Well, I sure think it does, I'am still suffering from a bass headache from boomin all day how many cubes on the front side? I need a bassache to get rid of this toothache... 2007 Great Wall So Cool 4-12' RE audio MX's Stetsom 7k2D 6-Batts 3-Mechman 250 amp Rhino's
CR Boom Posted December 14, 2008 Author Report Posted December 14, 2008 how many cubes on the front side? I need a bassache to get rid of this toothache... Well maybe My ears need to be re-calibrated.. Metered the box last night It (1-12 at 30 hz hit 140.7 at 45Hz ported at 30 Full res and 45 corners.) (2-12's ported at 47 hit 140. and no res, no 45corners ( 2-12 @ 33 hit 141.9 at 41hz) Res no 45 corners .... It is weird how BigP said his box started at 45 also.... The box meters good, I just don't like how it sounds yet... 2007 Great Wall So Cool 4-12' RE audio MX's Stetsom 7k2D 6-Batts 3-Mechman 250 amp Rhino's
Forevrbumpn Posted December 14, 2008 Report Posted December 14, 2008 is the line measured wrong by any chance? area not calculated right? I still think its that the t line is not designed for the sub you have, at Fs/tuning, it should get at its loudest I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
CR Boom Posted December 14, 2008 Author Report Posted December 14, 2008 is the line measured wrong by any chance? area not calculated right? I still think its that the t line is not designed for the sub you have, at Fs/tuning, it should get at its loudest I just Remeasured- the whole box. Hopefully i'm doing my math correct.. Sub is 10"= middle of the surround to middle of surround. = 5X5X3.14=== 78.5 Area is 11 X 6.75 ===74.25 Length's are 37.75+14.25+45.375+15.750 = 113.125" 113.125 X 4 =452.5 452.5 / 12 37.708 ft 1130 / 37.708 = 29.97 I could make a 1.873FT extension on the box to get it to 25hz 2007 Great Wall So Cool 4-12' RE audio MX's Stetsom 7k2D 6-Batts 3-Mechman 250 amp Rhino's
CR Boom Posted December 15, 2008 Author Report Posted December 15, 2008 The sound is different,,, It is more like a " home sub" It is only 1 db off in SPL.. but dosen't have the "impact or hit" But of course I went to half the cone area. 2007 Great Wall So Cool 4-12' RE audio MX's Stetsom 7k2D 6-Batts 3-Mechman 250 amp Rhino's
rusty959 Posted December 20, 2008 Report Posted December 20, 2008 Hmm.... is there any chance when you had your two 12's the box was pushed all the way back? That might be the difference in sound you are looking for. I know for a while when I was younger and getting into car audio I had a 15"L7 in a minivan, and if wouldn't sound as good when it was moved forward like that. It might be worth a try to push it back and see, maybe someone with more experience can chime in? 2013 Subaru BRZ12" Orion HCCA on AQ 22001967 mustang restoration project: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110765-mustang-restoration-build-2011-edition/ Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/therusty959
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.