Second Skin Audio

Fi Making Subs That Require No Box?

Okay, even I'm stumped on this one. What is with this new line of FI subs? It says "Infinite Baffle Only". What does that mean, that they can just be mounted anywhere & be as loud as a regular sub IN-box? Also, why are they so inexpensive?

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/...view.shopscript

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

Okay, even I'm stumped on this one. What is with this new line of FI subs? It says "Infinite Baffle Only". What does that mean, that they can just be mounted anywhere & be as loud as a regular sub IN-box? Also, why are they so inexpensive?

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/...view.shopscript

Well infinite baffle does not mean that they are not in a box. It would mean they are in a very very large box to mimic a true infinite baffle.

In the home you can just put it in the wall so one side is in another room.

well i must face it i have been working with fi to make the ultimate subs they will be called the beast baffles. they come in 10 12 15 18 22 and a new massive 44.. LOL i wish...

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>

so in a sense you could just block off the ass end of a suv(tahoe, 4 runner, etc.) seal it up good n tight, and mount the subs in that baffle that seperates the hatch area from the cabin area?

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

DC Power Inc. Alternator(Kickin out 15+ volts!)

footer-fade.gif

well i must face it i have been working with fi to make the ultimate subs they will be called the beast baffles. they come in 10 12 15 18 22 and a new massive 44.. LOL i wish...

We've only just begun... :give_rose:

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

they are "free air" subs. that was what they use to be called back in the day. Companies stopped making them due to lack of interest.

EXAMPLE: a piece of mdf ran across the trunk with the subs facing forward. The piece of mdf seals off the trunk using the trunk as the box.

they are "free air" subs. that was what they use to be called back in the day. Companies stopped making them due to lack of interest.

EXAMPLE: a piece of mdf ran across the trunk with the subs facing forward. The piece of mdf seals off the trunk using the trunk as the box.

free air is not IB

subs look good nick! liking the single 2ohm option

:friends:

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew