Second Skin Audio

Need Suggestions For 2 12" Subs In A Sealed Box!

Hey, I am currently in the transition from driving a suv to driving a car, not sure what car yet but I need some car audio suggestions.

My first system in the suv was 2-12" Boston G1's in a sealed box, they only ran 200 rms each but sounded amazing. I didn't think that they were loud enough though so I upgraded to 2-15" MTX 7500's. I still have them in the suv and they are pretty loud. The problem with them though is that they are 15's and ported which kills my sound quality and only hits the low bass. They run 400 rms each at 4 ohms I believe, it dimmed my lights to the point that I had to get a 2.5 farad cap and an optima yellow top in the front. Since I am getting a car and I will now have a trunk I need something smaller and better than the 15's. Price is a big factor so please don't recommend any really expensive subs.

The only requirements that I have for my next system would be: I would like the box to be sealed, preferably 2-12" subs, hit all bass notes accurately and loudly, and IT HAS TO SOUND GOOD OUTSIDE OF THE CAR (I need to be able to throw small parties with these things, my 15's can't do that though bc they sound like shit and only hit low bass).

Ok, now for the subwoofers that I have been looking at getting for the car.

(I would be getting 2-12"s in a sealed box for all of the subwoofers below).

- Audioque HDC3 (cheapest price I could find was $230 new).

- Alpine Type X (cheapest price I could find was $280 new).

- Digital Designs 2500 - 9500 series (haven't found a good place to buy them)

- Boston SPG555 (expensive)

- Boston G5

- MTX 9500 (kinda pricey)

- JL 12W7 (expensive)

- RE SX (expensive)

- Polk SR

- Diamond Audio d6

- Diamond Audio d9 (pricey)

- Diamond Audio HP12 (don't know anything about this sub)

- Pioneer Premier (1000 rms model)

- Eclipse (not sure what model)

- Memphis Mojo

If there are any other subwoofers to consider please let me know. I will decide on an amp after the subs.

Thanks for the help.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I have 3 fi Q's sealed at 1.6 each and it pounds at 2000rms! I would think 2 wouldn't sound bad either. At $259 its not too bad....but in a trunk car w/o fold down seats I don't think 2 12's r gonna be enough to have a mini party n the backyard that doesn't require a decent size box. What's wrong with 3? Go with somthing you can fit in a 1.0 per chamber and leave a little space!

the AQ and DD can be tossed out the window...Mojo's sound like crap sealed too.

Not really actually. A friend of mine has his (2 15s) in a sealed box (though, it isn't really sealed anymore it blew the back wall of the box off) and while it isn't the best sounding sub I have ever heard, it is far from the worst.

EDIT: I'm talking about the MOJOs.

Edited by BJD3

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

i mean, if you can find a type x for 280, then by all means, but IMHO it sounds like a kicker cvr every time ive heard one, both in volume and sound, and once i say that most everyone goes "yea, it kinda does"

botson g5/spg555 are amazing, they sound so good in a sealed box, and a very small one at that

jlw7 doesnt sound so good sealed, especially for the price and all...

the pioneer premier subs (im guessing ur looking at the championship editions or wtvr) are almost an sq sub when sealed, they pound, and move alot, but arent good outside from my experience and arent very loud overall, i heard 2 sealed 12 with 2 of the premier 1000w amps to them and it was anything but impressively loud, but was very clean and accurate

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Not really actually. A friend of mine has his (2 15s) in a sealed box (though, it isn't really sealed anymore it blew the back wall of the box off) and while it isn't the best sounding sub I have ever heard, it is far from the worst.

EDIT: I'm talking about the MOJOs.

The MOJOs are very crisp if you give them a good signal and enough power. I had four on a wall and my buddy has two in his trunk. (Ported of course) And he only listens to metal.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

the mojos can get down if done right Ive got a box for a pair of them thats ported but its quite small tho Im far from an SQ person so they sounded sweet to me the box is mabe the size of a 3 cube sealed box too so its far from huge

I've heard every Memphis sub in almost every application except a MOJO in a sealed box so I can't really say how they will perform.

I think what would be good for andyb0x is the Memphis M3s. Two in a sealed box on 1000W always sound beautiful with all music. I have another guy selling this exact setup if you're interested. Shoot me a pm.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

I've heard every Memphis sub in almost every application except a MOJO in a sealed box so I can't really say how they will perform.

I think what would be good for andyb0x is the Memphis M3s. Two in a sealed box on 1000W always sound beautiful with all music. I have another guy selling this exact setup if you're interested. Shoot me a pm.

Ive seen it done a couple times one guy liked it tho hes a bit of an idiot anyways then another kid I knew didnt have it in for a week or so and took it out because it wasnt what he was after tho the shop mainly deals with sealed boxes and thats what most customers ask for I havnt seen too many ported boxes in this area I guess Im kinda a pioneer cause Ive almost gone to ported excluseively hadnt ran a sealed in a couple years till recently and Im going ported again