Navigator New Alt?

FEEL FREE TO GIVE ME SUGGESTIONS AND OPINIONS..

Hmm okay.. well i got a 99 navigator. and i think i fuckd up by not buying another battery when i installed my system.. at first it was suppose to be a 2 3 week thing........... but....... i kept them in there longer they that and my car sounded like it had a supercharger with the loud ass noise... btw(i had 2 15" L7 kickers and a 4000 watt lanzar amp) anyway when i hit 40 45 mph the car starts shaking because its got no power and when the gears shift the rpm would raise and the transmission would kick like a fuckn horse..

AT FIRST

everyone was telling me it was my stock deck

then they were telling me it was my alt

and others were just telling me to just burn it

and parents were suggesting to just take the subs out..

and now here is the updates the real questions..

---------------------------

I took my subs out and made a box the size of my trunk

this is just my first box i get free wood so when i get my new subs im going to turn it around i know i know its sealed but im going to do some tests and im 90% sure im going to port it...

i also just got a new pioneer indash all new wiring...

here is a pic

newboxly5.jpg

now!!!!!!!!!

what do you think i should do add another alt? and/or battery?

and if a new alt would it have to be the same exact one as my stock one or can i put in a stronger one help!!!!!!!lol

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

i did an 01 navi install, took alt to local alternator/starter rebuild shop... cost 115 to go up to 200a+... i dont remember what the stock alt size was

most people in ur situation would contact Ohio Gen, Excessive Amerage, DC Power, HO alts, Iraggi and a few others because almost all alt companies make direct bolt on alts up to 350a

more expensive but u can get more amperage/reliability

for that amp ur gonna need a new alt and a new starter bat (big as you can fit) and maybe a kinetik2000/2400 or pm2700 should hold up alright

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

i did an 01 navi install, took alt to local alternator/starter rebuild shop... cost 115 to go up to 200a+... i dont remember what the stock alt size was

most people in ur situation would contact Ohio Gen, Excessive Amerage, DC Power, HO alts, Iraggi and a few others because almost all alt companies make direct bolt on alts up to 350a

more expensive but u can get more amperage/reliability

for that amp ur gonna need a new alt and a new starter bat (big as you can fit) and maybe a kinetik2000/2400 or pm2700 should hold up alright

Be carefull going with a local rebuider's "200 amp" upgrade. All they do is slap a "hotter" stator in your stock alternator, which will typically give even LOWER output at idle than your stock unit had. To do it right, you need more parts than that, which costs a little more. Add a couple more batts to the rear of the vehicle and you will be good to go.

Be carefull going with a local rebuider's "200 amp" upgrade. All they do is slap a "hotter" stator in your stock alternator, which will typically give even LOWER output at idle than your stock unit had. To do it right, you need more parts than that, which costs a little more. Add a couple more batts to the rear of the vehicle and you will be good to go.

thanx i will keep that in mind when i do go with a new alt im going to go with probably 50 amp StreetBeat ( 150 at idle) large case alternator or 200 amp ProPower (125 at idle) large case alternator or i might buy a new stator for my alt. idk yet but something will be done within a week... i got a wild horse on my hands

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Keep in mind Ford designs their Alternators to run off the computer and put whatever amps it needs.

2003 Mercury Marauder Black (R.I.P)

Tinted Windows

Purple HID's 10000K

Fog Light HID's 10000K

Swi Jack Steering Wheel Controls

Apple I-Pod Classic 80GB

Alpine KCE-422i Full Speed I-Pod Cable

Alpine IVA-W203/P1 Navigation/Bluetooth

Alpine PKG-M780 7' Headrest Screens

Alpine PXA-H701 Sound Processor

Alpine MRP-F300 4 Channel Amp

Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Power Amp