Tweeter Location

tacomabanga1986

i was lookin at a sq car ona site megalo posted and he has his tweets mounted in the dash fireing upward twards the glass and reflecting twards the listener, and ied like to try to mount my tweets ontop of my dash to see if i get better imageing that away than sail pannels the way i have em now, ied rather try this than fiberglassing my sail pannel and should sound good cause most car makers put the tweets there and they sound really good, i was gunna try to run the wire behind the a pillar and just mount em there, ied try to paint the tweet to match also but thats fine if it dont tho as long as it sounds good, and is there a spacific place to mount em or is it kinda listen n learn? cause pritty much all the tweets i hear is the ones behind my head n if i can get the front tweets to sound better or be able to hear em better i'll take those out, any input is welcome cause this might work pritty good tho i think

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

I like to have my tweets mounted in the kicks. It seperates the distance of each tweeter to be about the same so the imaging is pretty close to equal. The comps I have right now have the tweets mounted in the center of the woofer as a coaxial and they work excellent. The speakers are in the stock location near the top of the doors. I hear the driver's side a little stronger than the passenger side but it still sounds pretty good. The key is to try and place the speakers the same distance from each ear to achieve a correct sense of staging and imaging.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

I like to have my tweets mounted in the kicks. It seperates the distance of each tweeter to be about the same so the imaging is pretty close to equal. The comps I have right now have the tweets mounted in the center of the woofer as a coaxial and they work excellent. The speakers are in the stock location near the top of the doors. I hear the driver's side a little stronger than the passenger side but it still sounds pretty good. The key is to try and place the speakers the same distance from each ear to achieve a correct sense of staging and imaging.

or have a worthwile headunit with time alignment

Archived