1999 S10 Blazer Coolant Problem

Ok I have been having trouble with the heater core clogging due to bad hoses so I decided to change the hoses and heater core. After I got done with putting the new parts in it the blazer it worked awsome and the heater worked great. But now the temp out side has droped and been around 0 degrees! So every time I run the blazer its over heating. I have a new thermostat and water pump the only thing that isint new is the radiator. What else could cause this?

99 2dr Blazer

Kenwood KVT-614

SounDigital SD16k

4 Fi BTL 18s

4 hertz high energy 6.5s comps

4 stock ad244 alts

6 g31s batts

8 runs 0ga

sdandfibanner.png

how is your coolant level? make sure it is filled to the proper level.

another possibility is you might have air in the cooling system.

a way for you to check the system for air is by turning your heater on full blast, park the truck on an incline (jack the front up) and open your radiator cap, turn the truck on and let it idle until full temperature. if you see bubbles coming out of your radiator then you have an air in your system somewhere let it all bubble out and fill it back up with fluid. If the bubbles dont stop then you have an air leak somewhere, They sell dye to find leaks.

center console: lvl 4 12 1.75 cu ft tuned 37htz

alpine cda-9886

dc audio 120.4

infinity kappa 6.5" components

• 1 month later...

Well I think I have a blown head gasket. I am still loosing about a cup of coolant a weak. But what is weird is that their is no water in the oil and its not smoking. But the coolant does turn a chocolate color after a week or so. What kinda of job am I looking at to replace the head gaskets and intake gasket? I mean how hard will it be? I know I need new head bolts and cant reuse the old ones. How many of you have went through this??

99 2dr Blazer

Kenwood KVT-614

SounDigital SD16k

4 Fi BTL 18s

4 hertz high energy 6.5s comps

4 stock ad244 alts

6 g31s batts

8 runs 0ga

sdandfibanner.png

• 4 months later...

Eh..depends, a head gasket really isnt a big job. Seeing as you have a blazer it probably has the v6. You would need to replace both gaskets, and just to be extra safe i would take the heads to a machine shop and get them checked, and rebuilt..it will save you a headache down the road. The only special tool i would see you needing is a torque wrench and a spec manual on the blazer so you can get those heads torqued down right. Hope that helps.

• 1 month later...

Dexcool FTL.... i wish i had a picture of the coolant passages in my 4.3 before they got shopvac'd out. nasty ass sludge

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER