Bassrace Question

Nothing stops that. It doesnt matter. The point is control.

If your system can do 150s, then its harder to keep it in the 139.9 class because on click of the volume too high or too loud of a start can shoot you over 140 very easily. I have done it myself.

A perfect score in that class is 139.9 If your system can only do a 138, then it would be wise to shoot for the 129.9 class.

even a 141-142 musical vehicle will be hard...gotta have an AVERAGE of 139.9 so you GOTTA come out of the gates gunnin.

the reason why things are pretty easy for me is im a 145-146 on music so i come out the gates a lil strong and keep it down actually to keep me in my limits. i can bust easily so its a give and take...i can just up to the 138-139 area easily but i can bust with a few clicks.

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

even a 141-142 musical vehicle will be hard...gotta have an AVERAGE of 139.9 so you GOTTA come out of the gates gunnin.

the reason why things are pretty easy for me is im a 145-146 on music so i come out the gates a lil strong and keep it down actually to keep me in my limits. i can bust easily so its a give and take...i can just up to the 138-139 area easily but i can bust with a few clicks.

Try bassracing with a bass knob instead of the volume on the deck. It's not as hard when you can just tweek the knob a little bit instead of turning up the system a full click and it being too much. I set my deck volume the same everytime and don't change it while I adjust the bass volume with my bass remote. I'm one of the few people that I've ever seen bassrace this way, but my scores don't lie on how well it works for me. I've qualified with a 129.9 or 139.9 at every event I've ever been too using this method.

Edited by Nightshade

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Try bassracing with a bass knob instead of the volume on the deck. It's not as hard when you can just tweek the knob a little bit instead of turning up the system a full click and it being too much. I set my deck volume the same everytime and don't change it while I adjust the bass volume with my bass remote. I'm one of the few people that I've ever seen bassrace this way, but my scores don't lie on how well it works for me. I've qualified with a 129.9 or 139.9 at every event I've ever been too using this method.

thats what i do with my EQ...even thought i only bassraced 1 time..

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3042878

TEAM DEADLY HERTZ

"GET LOUD OR DIE TRYIN"only the loudest will survive.

Haha i rember the first time i saw you do that zack, at the HD show in kent. I was like wow hes got some control with that thing lol. So far i think everyone has included the basics here

As far as material you also cannot modify a track by slower/speeding it down or up. Also cant "add" any background tones or anything. But you can play it back on any source unti. I think jay thompson (think it was him) bassraced with his laptop cause he didnt have a HU installed yet haha.

Also no rules as far as enclosure or equipment location, as long as it does not interfier with the mic. Everything must be sealed up and only one peson (the competitor) may be aloud in the car..pretty simple rules and tons o fun

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall

logoblack.jpg

it depends on the judge but Wayne has said he doesnt knwo why only the competitor should be allowed in the vehical. but that point is still being debated and looks like it will be worded as you can only have as many people in the car as there are legal seating positions or something like that

later

Doug

sonicfx.jpgWEST COAST HOME OF THE SPLMAXCUPstocktonsplsig34.JPG

Haha i rember the first time i saw you do that zack, at the HD show in kent. I was like wow hes got some control with that thing lol. So far i think everyone has included the basics here

As far as material you also cannot modify a track by slower/speeding it down or up. Also cant "add" any background tones or anything. But you can play it back on any source unti. I think jay thompson (think it was him) bassraced with his laptop cause he didnt have a HU installed yet haha.

Also no rules as far as enclosure or equipment location, as long as it does not interfier with the mic. Everything must be sealed up and only one peson (the competitor) may be aloud in the car..pretty simple rules and tons o fun

As far as I have heard, you can slow a track down if you want to.

The only thing thats not allowed is a straight solid tone, which can be seen on the frequency readout on the termlab.

Team B2, Team Audiotechnix, Team Kicker, Team XS Power, Team Sundown, Team Maxxsonics, Team DD2008 Bassrace 130-139.9 Regional and National Champion2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 MECA Champion (S1, SR1, S2, S3, S4, DB1) -1 DD 9510F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ .7 ohm strapped=154.2 headrest, 129.2 driveby-2 DD 9510F's + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=154.0 headrest-1 DD 9512F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=153.5 headrest, 131.1 Driveby

-2 DD 9512F + 2 B2 Zero1's @ .5 strapped= 157.0 headrest, 158.0 outlaw-1 Sundown SA-8 + 2 MB Quart 2000's=148.8 headrest, 150.6 outlaw

I'm drunk as Fuck 30 second average at the top of your class sealed on any form of music (not tones) and your good!!!! More headroom the better unless you tie and run cars off

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

well using my friends truck i tried this out on my tl. the first few times the part where it tells your reading went red, i'm guessing thats bad?

2000 gmc yukon

4 sundown Zv3 15's

4 dd m2a's

kenwood kdc-x994

2 batcap 4000's 1 batcap 2000

dual alts.

154@37hz and climbing

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3231683

http://www.myspace.com/torque150

TeamDeadlyHertz-loburbon.png

when i had my T4k i LOVED using my bass knob. i didnt get a bass knob with the D3 i got so kinda stuck with what i got. i still qualified a 139.9 at my last show and took first in the class so i did SOMETHING right hahaha

but i agree the bass knob is the way to go

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

As far as I have heard, you can slow a track down if you want to.

The only thing thats not allowed is a straight solid tone, which can be seen on the frequency readout on the termlab.

Yea yo deff cant modify a track at all. Me and mike talked to sam about this many times...if you could than shit you could speed up bass machanik and bassrace a 170+ with an extreme veicle haha

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall

logoblack.jpg