Bibby's 92 Civic (update 05/03/09: Finished! Car Drives & Runs. Pics & Vids)

Do it big bibster!!...I like the y8. I hate your new Civic mated with another Non Honda. Hopefully insurance will hook it back up proper. P.S. If you want an AEM TRU TIME CAME GEAR i have one on my y7 that will work on your y8. Might have some other hop up parts laying around as well. If you wanna buy or we could do some trading of some sort. Let me know. I will see what all I have.

I might hit you up. Do you by any chace have a manual transmission? Thats what i need.

• 1 month later...

So i'm walking through my local junkyard today tryin to find a manual civic to get the clutch lines from. I walk past a civic with this valve cover sitting to the side of the motor under the hood. I was like "How much you think they will want for this?" guy was like idk., so when i was leaving, we took it back up there with us. They let me get it for 20$ i was stoked as its the VC i want. :) win.

Gonna be painting this wrinkle red. w/ polished letters.

Posted Image

Fixin to clean it up

Posted Image

Then i got home today from work, and junkyard searching, and found a nice big package on my porch. This should remedy the cracked transmission i have. :) Thanks JDM-JAMES!

Posted Image

that should remedy this...

Posted Image

I also bought a bunch of stuff today. Should all be in next week, and going on the car next weekend.

Smoked Amber Corners

Smoked Stock Taillights

13mm Steering Wheel & Hub

Short Ram Intake

Auto To Manual Conversion Upper Mount

Front Trans Bracket

Linkage w/ Skunk2 Short Shifter

Shift Knob

Shift Boot w/ Bracket

Clutch Master & Slave Cylinder

Clutch & Brake Pedals

Pollen was too bad to paint today, so i didnt get that done. I spent most of the day cleaning my garage. Once i got it cleaned, i got the cracked case off the tranny. I havent got the new one on yet, b/c i need some canned air to blow out all the dust from it sitting for 4 months. I also stopped by auto zone, and got tranny fluid, brake fluid, ps pump belt, silicone for the tranny, and some red paint for the VC.

Guy at auto zone said said to run 2.27 quarts of 10w40 motor oil. that is right huh?

Got the cracked case off

Posted Image

Posted Image

Old w/ New

Posted Image

Tranny looks to be in good shape. I'm gonna take some hi res pics tomorrow so you guys can tell me if therer is anything wrong. it looks fine to me, but im not sure what its supposed to look like. lol.

Posted Image

Some more supplies

Posted Image

Got the last of the belts on.

Posted Image

How i left it until tomorrow. Hopefully i can finish the trans, and paint my VC tomorrow.

Posted Image

So today i swapped VC's and inspected the timing belt to see if i need to replace it before we put the motor in. Tbelt looks great. It had to have been replaced not long ago, so I'm not worrying with that right now. I haven't popped the VC off the engine yet til today, but from what i could tell by looking through the oil cap, this was a pretty clean engine. It has 14X,XXX on it. I was very happy to be correct. This engine is fucking immaculate. Check out these pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I also rewired the coolant line that hitches a ride on the factory VC breather line. I used some 5/16" gas line on this i had left over when i did the same thing while putting my SRI on my FG.

Posted Image

Posted Image

damn just saw this tread.. good shit bibby.. btw lighter flywheels allow the engine to revv up faster but you will loose some tqs...

Hustle hard, Stack paper,

It's alright, ya'll haters,

It's nothing, We major,

You see me, Hi Hater! =)

~ Manio

Archived