Tuning Frq. How To.....

Alright im not sure if this thread should be in this section , but i thought it was appropiate, if i am wrong someone movee me please,

Ok i want to ask the question, how do i find the size of port/size of box tuning frq... i recently tried using "the12volt.com" , and i punched into their calc that i wanted a 35hz freq., and after i got the box done completly to spec, my box is hella loud at ike 45 hz... 10hz is pretty far off no??

So if someone could please help me, i would like to know theories, explanations w.e., i have be going crazy reading up on ROE, they have alot of tutorial/info but i thought id come to you guys for my questions...

Thanx for your help!

here are a couple of tuning calculators...

http://www.linearteam.dk/default.aspx?page...=ventcalculator

http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31

general rule of thumb is like 12"-15" of port area per cubic foot of box. longer port=lower tuning. shorter port=higher tuning. if you increase your port area your tuning freq. gets higher, if u decrease your port area, your tuning freq. gets lower. couldnt tell if you can find the cubic footage for your box or not, im sure u probably can, but just do l*w*d (internally and in inches) and divide by 1728 to get your cubic feet. dont forget that sub and port displacement is also gonna take up volume in your box...

i likes me some audio stuff...

what kind of advntage is there to haveing external ports??

You can adjust the tuning frequency without using internal box space. People sometimes do that if they're tight on space. Another way to get the most out of internal space is to mount the subs upside down...that is firing into the box.

i was just saying that tuning it at 32 doesnt mean you will peak at 32 on the meter. but a low tuning like that should allow you to pick up most low notes. i think im tuned to like 32 or 34 and i pick up some hella lows. as far as setting the gains, check out the sticky in the sub section about it...

i likes me some audio stuff...