Tuning Frq. How To.....

Fb = .159*((Av(1.84*10^8)/(Vb(Lv+.823*Av^.5))^.5

Fb = tuning frequency

Av = vent area

Vb = net volume in cubic inches

Lv = effective length of vent

effective length = physical length + end correction <---1/2 of the ports width

i likes me some audio stuff...

both

shouldnt matter much, area is area wether it be round or square,  you just need the righ formula for both.

Rectangle length * width

Square side2

Cone (surface) pi * radius * side

Circle pi * radius2

all these posts and we still dont know what subs you have??

The "tuning" freq is where the rolloff of the enclosure starts to happen, say your sub has a high fs.. well then you will never play down that low, shit there are only a handfull of woofers that can play 30-32hz with authority.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

i have 2 ten inch clarion pxw.... there are in a ported box that i made and right now they are loud, but i am looking for a design that will bring them to the max, i have lots of room, i was going to go with a t/line, but i dont have enough mdf available right now... any othr ideas for a box??? how much cubft. is to much for a set of tens??

here are a couple of tuning calculators...

http://www.linearteam.dk/default.aspx?page...=ventcalculator

http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31

general rule of thumb is like 12"-15" of port area per cubic foot of box. longer port=lower tuning. shorter port=higher tuning. if you increase your port area your tuning freq. gets higher, if u decrease your port area, your tuning freq. gets lower. couldnt tell if you can find the cubic footage for your box or not, im sure u probably can, but just do l*w*d (internally and in inches) and divide by 1728 to get your cubic feet. dont forget that sub and port displacement is also gonna take up volume in your box...

alright now im a lil confused, because i tryed that l X wX h, and then div. by 1728, and i got like 5.3 ft3 and then i tryed the same measurements on, the12volt.com and only got 13 ft3.... can someone help me???