Sonic Electronix

Trying To Figure Out How Loud My Bass Is, But Have No Meter

(my last name is Walls, pun intended)

So, I recemtly started cranking some oldschool quad force, and noticed something, I could actually feel my ears hurting

my bass has a very very powerful peak at 45hz, it makes my head hurt, but i've heard a 140 and a 150, them were both much louder than this, as the 150 really really make my ears hurt (like if I had my ear up to the port of the mtxs, which ive done before on accident, well... I was hooking em up and as soon as I got done, my friend Jason hits the stereo and it starts playing a 50hz pure tone (we use it for setting gain) and my ears felt like they got raped.

anyway, this passes what I think the discomfurt level is, I cant really be sure though, I can finally hear the low end to Late Nite tip with this setup, but I really have no idea how loud it is, sounds like 130, but I cant be sure.

I dunno, anyone near the Michiana area feel like stopping by to drop some tones and assure me my shit isnt doing 130?

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

-if I get a job, it gets 2 SA 8s in a 2.5cube box (roughly 2 cube with the port and woofers in)-

-oh, and a new HU and some speakers that dont suck. and possibly a new muffler and tint job (previous owners tint is smudging in the back, if you know how to get tint off a window without damaging the heating stuff, let me know!!!)-

yes that is true.. people get in my car and swear its above 150 nope 140's just depends on were you place your head... i have to meter the back of my car to see how loud it really is... i have to be above 150 in the back seats... i cannot take sitting back there it hurts my muscles...

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>

true, this is the subs in my closet were talking about too, but like you said, its louder in different spots, for me amazingly its the wall of the room on the far end that is the loudest spot, which is also were my desk is, and in the center of the room its quiet (well, not really), in the hallway its ridiculous, I've already dropped pictures from the vibrations, in the bathroom its a little louder than the center of my room, shower door moves visibly (vibrates around 2mm back in forth), my door knob doesnt move, but the next room over (my parents room), their knob moves, I find it strange cause mines still and actually looser, in their room its all about the same as my listening spot except the direct center of the room (foot of the bed), in the living room its not as loud, but you can hear the house rattling itself apart.

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

-if I get a job, it gets 2 SA 8s in a 2.5cube box (roughly 2 cube with the port and woofers in)-

-oh, and a new HU and some speakers that dont suck. and possibly a new muffler and tint job (previous owners tint is smudging in the back, if you know how to get tint off a window without damaging the heating stuff, let me know!!!)-

the ear o meter is often very wrong. I had a single re XXX 15 in my car that would pull a 142 at around 35 hz. Was exceptionally painful. the lower you go the more it hurts until around 30 hz then your ears really cant detect it as much. you'll still feel it just not hear it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

indeed, It's just interesting how loud these things are.

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

yes that is true.. people get in my car and swear its above 150 nope 140's just depends on were you place your head... i have to meter the back of my car to see how loud it really is... i have to be above 150 in the back seats... i cannot take sitting back there it hurts my muscles...

looking at your sig i highly doubt it

looking at your sig i highly doubt it

didnt want to say it.

and youd be amazed at how many people think theyve heard 150 daily drivers and never have. its not something you see everyday.

Edited by n8ball2013

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

you asked, im taking pics.

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck