5900 by far, the OLED display is overrated. Check out the new LE's that just came out, the Viper 5901(1 mile).

We put a hell of alot of 5701(2000' range)'s at work, and they are definitely the shit! I put one 5901 in a 09 camry on monday, everything went smooth and it definitely seems like a hell of a unit. I like their new units just because the remotes are sooo much smaller. Believe me carrying a big ass LCD remote around gets annoything, and you're almost guaranteed to go thru one(they aren't the strongest remotes in the world, ie: it'll break).

Directed seems to be stepping away from their old products and jumping into all their new LE and mile range units. I know that they are no longer making viper 130 and viper 160 remote start units... I don't know if they jumping on that bandwagon for security too or not.

Edited by Shyne151

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Thanks for all the advice!

I had not looked at the LE series, I did not know they were 2-way. I am pretty set on getting something with a LCD screen on it. Size of the remote will not be a prob for me, it rarely gets stuffed into my pocket anyway.

It's tough on the range, we're talking 1/4 mile vs 1 full mile, so thats a huge difference.

The thing I really like about the color remote and the newer remote screens is that the Icons are huge now, as opposed to all the tiny things on the 5900 remote.

Prices are awesome on the 5900 and 7900, so that is mainly why I am torn between those two.

I know I won't be disappointed with either.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Ok, so I've been scouring the web for all I can find on alarms, I was set on the 7900, then found the Clifford verson for cheap, then read all I could about DEI recalling them due to remote issues, then selling refurbished ones.

It seems that some shops never returned any of the originals to DEI, for corrections, and are now selling them dirt cheap. Some people are having problems, ohters are very happy with them.

Any of you Viper intsllers wanna comment on the "refurbished" color remote alarms?

I like the new DEI alarms, but I am going with a 5900. They are ~$175 now, and I will add the bypass kit and some Viper sensors. (You know, if it's good enough for the Hoopty, it's good enough for me! :D )

I will install it myself, and I have a friend who is a pro installer, in case I have any problems.

Edited by ptcary

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

• 2 weeks later...
I will install it myself, and I have a friend who is a pro installer, in case I have any problems.

so how did that go ?

2000 explorer xlt

cda-9887 with imprint ktx-100 + ipod120

mechman rhino 250 alt with xs-power d3400 + d3100

id oems -

Dayton RS52AN-8 2" Dome Midrange

hat L1 PRO -

1 x fi Q15 d2 non-bp with 3.8 cuft net 60 sq inch L-port tuned to 28 hz - sub up , port back

2 x sax 100.4d -

2 x saz1500d -

second skin damplifier 80 ft

and a btl soon

so how did that go ?

Will let you know; should have it all completed this weekend. Everything just arrived in the mail yesterday, and my buddy drew up a very detailed diagram.

Edited by ptcary

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG