Sonic Electronix

Very simple,

3.7 cubes internal

common chamber

single external 6" aero

tuned to say 36hz

Will get down low and still be loud on the mic!

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall

logoblack.jpg

Well, you have the right to believe what you want to and so do I. Three 4 inch ports will work great for a "DAILY" box for his guy.

Well, the subs that he is using are the IA death penalities and they are very similar to the Sundown Nightshades. I think I have an idea of what the Nightshades like and that being said any other competitor or daily driver I've seen with the Shades has had at least 12 sqin of port per cuft and worked out great. I can tell you from my experiences that by plugging one of my ports the box isn't half as loud as it is with all 4 open. By plugging one it drops the frequency down to 35 hz instead of 40 and by ear it doesn't sound loud at all. This is just my opinion, but I bet if I were to drop the DP's in my box they would react the same way as the NS and be louder and sound better imo with all 4 ports open. Actually I would love to drop those subs in just to see if I'm right. It's all on preference at this point though and maybe he would rather have less port area and be louder at a lower frequency. I know that 40hz may be a bit too high for some people's taste, but I don't listen to super low bass music for daily so it works for me.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

just ask incriminator instead of listening to heresay (no offense to anyone commenting)....

That's probably the best advice given so far.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion

As long as #s aren't any concern then three 4" ports will be fine for daily and help to tune lower. If he wants good #s then four 4" ports is a must. I personally would go with 4ft net volume. As for displacement the formula is pi*(radius squared)*length = displacement. Check out PSP's website for a good port calculator.

http://www.psp-inc.com/psp-inc.com/cgi-bin..._calculator.cgi

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

As long as #s aren't any concern then three 4" ports will be fine for daily and help to tune lower. If he wants good #s then four 4" ports is a must. I personally would go with 4ft net volume. As for displacement the formula is pi*(radius squared)*length = displacement. Check out PSP's website for a good port calculator.

http://www.psp-inc.com/psp-inc.com/cgi-bin..._calculator.cgi

4 ft net with those ports will be 43ish hz tuning. pretty high for me.

I would like to be seeing 145+ on music.

4 ft net with those ports will be 43ish hz tuning. pretty high for me.

I would like to be seeing 145+ on music.

ur picky so ill play the game and just throw another out there

5.2cuft

37hz

4 4" ports using entire length (17")

~50sqin port - 9.66sqin/cuft

5.5cuft

36hz

4 4" ports using entire length

4.7cuft

33.8hz

3 4" ports using entire length

~38sqin - ~8sqin/cuft

4.5cuft

34.5hz

3 4" ports using entire length

8.4sqin/cuft

keep in mind psp and a few others have said the reduced turbulence compared to slot ports allows for less sqin/cuft

double baffle, allthread/dowel bracing, 45s, resin+mat if u know how = 145db easy with those subs

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Keep in mind bunkerking that you can make a aeroport longer than 17". You can get your own pvc and make the ports any length that you want. So you could do a box that is 4 cubes total and get your own pvc and make them 26" long and use 4 4" ports and have a loud ass low tuned box. What kind of car is this setup going into?

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Archived