Second Skin Audio

Need Help Building Box

so as the year draws to an end so does income tax so that mean money for box

now im goin to build a box but what materials do i need

i know I need mdf 3/4 but what kind of glue do i use?what nails or screws do i need if i need any?

Will I need two sheets of mdf? or one? if my dimensions are

33Wx16.5Hx19D

and what the heck is a wood port?

its suppose to be 4x4x14

the port will be on top of box

Edited by Beanz
That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

ttt any help is appericated.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

titebond ll or lll wood glue is the best

i usually get the 2 inch coarse thread drywall screws. predrill all your holes and it comes out perfect.

i would go ahead and get 2 sheets that way if you mess a piece up you have extra plus you may want to do an amp rack or something.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

3/4 wood is what is mostly used. double layered baffles usually. get tite bond wood glue. and dont be selfish with it when you use it. and dont use a ton of screws...that will sacrifice the strength integrity of the wood. just a few along the sides to keep the wood tight till the glue dries. and brace it with threaded rod or some wood dowels in places that are more susceptible to flexing.

a wood port is just a port that is made out of wood. only other type of port that's not made out of wood is an aero port

with a quick look at those dimensions, i think you'll only need one sheet of wood

EDIT: 2" screws are fine...but unless you predrill deep enough, i find that it splits my wood at times. maybe my bits just arent long enough...but since the screws just hold the wood together i use 1.75" or 1.5" screws and they do me just fine

Edited by ExpoSport

okay so should i use a single champer for box subs or keep them in their own chamber?

and that wood port how would it look since it's goin to be on top of the box?

use liquid nails for your glue and go with 2in screws get them in fine thread because drywall and mdf are close to materal (as in there both compressed dust ) the fine will be better in not blowing out the mdf (pre drill)and holding the mdf to geahter coarse thread are made for wood not compressed dust coarsed hold better on wood (mdf's not wood)

lol. but i haven't and i don't plan on it. plus i'd probably miss and hit her belly button or her ear or something. lol.

use liquid nails for your glue and go with 2in screws get them in fine thread because drywall and mdf are close to materal (as in there both compressed dust ) the fine will be better in not blowing out the mdf (pre drill)and holding the mdf to geahter coarse thread are made for wood not compressed dust coarsed hold better on wood (mdf's not wood)

lol. mdf is not wood? ok. actually coarse thread are better, the threads grab the wood and pull it tight against the other piece your screwing to to get the best hold. if you use a fine thread screw its going to strip out way easier. just my .02

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

thanks guys for the info i appericate it.but should i single chamber it or put each sub in thier own chamber?both subs are 15s.

and how do you double baffle it?