Sonic Electronix

i have about 80spft of it in my blazer. you get what you pay for. it works good, but to be the same as dynamat, double up. but for the price, it is worth it.

Bills

also, the blue logo will make you look like a smurf when you touch it........remember that

Bills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain

It is all sound deadener, but Dynamat is better. go with the good stuff the first time around so you don't do it again later.

Sniper knows a little about sound deadener since his dad tests the stuff so maybe shoot him a pm.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Basically there are two different types of sound deadening material.

Asphalt

Butyl

Asphalt based sound deadeners are all basically the same so there is no need to pay a premium just for the name.

The Butyl rubber like the RAAMmat BXT and high end Dynamat are a much better product than the asphalt, but the price is considerably more.

I've personally used regular fatmat, fatmat rattletrap and Dynamat (asphalt). I found the Dynamat not to be much different than fatmat performance wise, but it is a bit stiffer and more difficult to work with.

Contrary to what the fatmat website says, I couldn't see a difference (other than price) between fatmat and the rattletrap.