What's it gonna be next?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. The enclosure...

• 6th Order Bandpass with 4 18s
    • Diamond Tunnel with 8 15s
    • Hoopty box with 4 18s
    • Straight wall with 4 15s
    • Regular old box with 4 15s

You haven't managed to get a pretty plain enclosure to do what you want yet so don't go trying an exotic box. You'll just end up with another disappointing design that doesn't perform the way you want.

And let's face it, half the people suggesting a bandpass box wouldn't know the first thing about designing one themselves, nor what a bandpass is supposed to do, so take the poll results with a grain of salt.

you're right.

like i said, a plain jane ported wall would work.

steve mick FTW!

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

You haven't managed to get a pretty plain enclosure to do what you want yet so don't go trying an exotic box. You'll just end up with another disappointing design that doesn't perform the way you want.

And let's face it, half the people suggesting a bandpass box wouldn't know the first thing about designing one themselves, nor what a bandpass is supposed to do, so take the poll results with a grain of salt.

So far the tunnel has been the absolute best performance in my car. I tore it out because I didn't think it out and couldn't finish it. I think I'm gonna take another shot at it but do it right this time.

I actually know nothing about 6th order other than how they're set up. I just threw it on there to get an idea of opinions and I'm glad I did.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

have you thougth about 4 18 in a clam shell or power v but if not 6th order all the way

What exactly is a power v?

[email protected]

So far the tunnel has been the absolute best performance in my car. I tore it out because I didn't think it out and couldn't finish it. I think I'm gonna take another shot at it but do it right this time.

I actually know nothing about 6th order other than how they're set up. I just threw it on there to get an idea of opinions and I'm glad I did.

In that case, by all means go for it. Nobody here can dictate what you do or don't put in your car... just this time, make sure you plan out all the little things before you start cutting wood. It makes me cringe to see all the time and effort go into your walls and then see them ripped out... although I do appreciate that half the fun is in the building :D

And for all the people suggesting 6th order, wanna try and justify your suggestion? Just out of interest. I suspect some of you are sheep and wouldn't know a 6th order from a hole in the ground.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

In that case, by all means go for it. Nobody here can dictate what you do or don't put in your car... just this time, make sure you plan out all the little things before you start cutting wood. It makes me cringe to see all the time and effort go into your walls and then see them ripped out... although I do appreciate that half the fun is in the building :D

And for all the people suggesting 6th order, wanna try and justify your suggestion? Just out of interest. I suspect some of you are sheep and wouldn't know a 6th order from a hole in the ground.

Ok. Well I think you pushed me over the edge and I'm gonna give it another shot. Everybody will love the plans I've come up with. Now I gotta go buy some stuff....again! :D

[email protected]