vehical=1985 GMC 1/2T with dual saddle tanks

symtoms...oct everything fine

parked for a few months during build

topped off both tanks and drove for a week......now the problem starts.

press switch to change from rt to lft tank and the fuel guage still says empty so either it is not switching or both tanks low???

refill rt tank...hit switch to lft tank and now it indicates that it is same level as rt...again, so i am assuming it is not switching.

next problem...i remove switch(center of dash) to make sure it is firmly plugged in. unplug use meter to check continuity (to make sure that the switch does something when i press it between positions). plug it back in.

turn on ignition and now the gauge reads about 4oclock......full line is at 1oclock and it is not dropping at all after 2days of commute. please help with what to check and how to check it

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=29213 "sleeper build"

(1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10

(2) PowermasterD2700 batteries

ALL FOR SALE

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR

get a few people and shake that back end really hard- if its possible the floats are sticking

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

get a few people and shake that back end really hard- if its possible the floats are sticking
does not explain problem#2 guage reding super full when i only disconected plug(it was reading full) with ign off reconected with ign off and turn on ign now super full

(1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10

ALL FOR SALE

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR

removed guage and checked it for function, it seems that i am not getting ground reference but like i stated all i did was remove the switch and re install. it is not on the same circuit as the indicator so????

(1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10

ALL FOR SALE

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR

Jack im having the same problem with my 2000 Silverado 1/2 ton my mechanic told me it was a sensor in my tank the gauge will work sometimes but when I top the tank off it doesnt work I have to wait a few days before it will read how much gas I really do have

^^^ the 2000 chevy pick ups are known for that problem and the sensor does fix the problem but i the 80s i would try a new fuel guage
not the gauge...like i said the fgauge was reading accurate until a unplugged the tank selector switch and the plugged it back in. the initial problem was i did not think the tanks were switching, ie...right tank empty (as indicated by funtioning gauge) switch to full left tank,(still shows empty) fill right tank(gauge shows proper level) switch to left tank gauge does not move from full. remove switch reinstall now it rests all the way out of wack. not to be an asshole but please unless you absolutely know what you are talking about please dont speculate especialy when i have been clear of the tests and symptoms i have encountered

(1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10

ALL FOR SALE

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR

is the switch bad?
no it is a 2 way momentary that swiches polarity (to the selector valve is my guess) there is a pink and black wire at the switch (grd and ign) and a lt gr and a dk grn greens switch polarity depending on switch posistion. probably controls an actuator in the selector valve i have not tested the wires at the vavle yet to see if there is loss in signal yet.

(1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10

ALL FOR SALE

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR