Second Skin Audio

Port Help

hoppinAltima

So i just built a new sub box for my car and i need some help with the port tuning I want to see if my number are correct.

THe box specs are 6 ft3 net* and i have 2 round 2.75 Diameter ports.

Can someone run the number and see how long it should be. THe website i used i think carstero.com said to have them around 4" and i dont think that right because its not hitting the lows.

So i just built a new sub box for my car and i need some help with the port tuning I want to see if my number are correct.

THe box specs are 6 ft3 net* and i have 2 round 2.75 Diameter ports.

Can someone run the number and see how long it should be. THe website i used i think carstero.com said to have them around 4" and i dont think that right because its not hitting the lows.

At 4" long with those ports it is tuned right around 30 hz. Your problem is that you don't have enough port area for it to get that loud at all. What size and how many subs are you running in the box? My advice is to replace the ports with 4" or even 6" ones depending on what your using in the box and also how much power is being used.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

yeah man make them ports alot bigger you gonna have port noise out the ass. lol but its a simple fix since you used round portss

NOVEMBER 2008 SYSTEM OF THE MONTH!

ORIGINAL YUKON BUILD!

TEAM DTF

TEAM Rival Mobile Electronics

TEAM Xs Power

94 yukon

12 Rival C15s

50+ Boston mids and highs

15 Xs power D2400

600+ ft of 1/0

10+ gallons of resin

99 Silverado.

4 15" Treo SSX

Stetsom 14k2d

5 CD tech batteries

155+ daily

Team DTF

"did you just drive past my house in your stupidly loud car. if it was you, you knocked a vase off my fire place."

oo so the ports are too small? im running 3 12" off a 2000 watt amp. I think i could fit 4" diameter ports, thats what you meant right? but how long would they have to be?

For 3 12's I would reccomend 2 6" ports 20" long and that would tune you to 32 hz, but since you said that you only have room for 4" ones you could do 2 at 8" long and it will tune you to 32 hz as well and definately increase your output. You may want to consider building a new box so you can add more ports or if you could even squeeze another 4" one in it would help out a ton. If you did 3 4" ports at 13.5" long it would keep the tuning at 32 hz and probably be even louder than just 2 ports.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

• 2 weeks later...

Archived