fast85_gt Posted January 10, 2009 Report Posted January 10, 2009 i ve seen some custom subwoffer binding post but dont remember what they was made out off if you have pics please post them for me and i am sure some other plp would like to see thank you would like to see what they look like in the sub box as well
Forevrbumpn Posted January 10, 2009 Report Posted January 10, 2009 usually there is just styles of binding posts terminals for cast frame speakers, they are really hard to find, if you need something there are a couple places, the bolt thru binding posts on www.Partsexpress.com, or I'am sure you can ask a few of the owners of speaker shops here on SMD, like Jacob, Rusty, or Nick I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
fast85_gt Posted January 10, 2009 Author Report Posted January 10, 2009 usually there is just styles of binding posts terminals for cast frame speakers, they are really hard to find, if you need something there are a couple places, the bolt thru binding posts on www.Partsexpress.com, or I'am sure you can ask a few of the owners of speaker shops here on SMD, like Jacob, Rusty, or Nick yea ive seen some that plp made that looks like bolts on the inside and outside the sub box i dont know how they do it tho
Forevrbumpn Posted January 10, 2009 Report Posted January 10, 2009 Oh the speaker box terminals I just use brass bolts, 1/4- 20 or 5/16"- 18 Brass because its very low resistance, a lot of people use stainless steel, or aluminum, they all work, just a personal preference to use brass There is someone here selling custom box terminals he machines, but its just a few bolts, and a plate. I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Decaf Posted January 10, 2009 Report Posted January 10, 2009 inside outside i used steel threaded rod, but now that i think about it ill use a brass bolt next time... makes more sense to use all the same metal
Decaf Posted January 10, 2009 Report Posted January 10, 2009 There is someone here selling custom box terminals he machines, but its just a few bolts, and a plate. wastedink's terminals
fast85_gt Posted January 10, 2009 Author Report Posted January 10, 2009 thanks guys thats what i wonted to see thanks for the input
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.