Second Skin Audio

Someone Talk To Me On "clamshells"

so ive done some searching and ive also seen a bunch on youtube. whats the advantages? are they all sealed or can you port them? im thinking 6-15's in a clamshell would be sex....anyone at autorama gonna be running one? Just let me know what someone can expect from one and the problems in building them

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

yea well my explorer has like 25-26 cubes at the c pillar so im trying to shoot for a way to get more cone than my 2 18's idea. keep my danged backseat. im giving it up so i can get to AR with something but its not kosher

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

im going to have to save for awhile to purchase woofers. but im going to do some sketchup and see where i get. 4 cubes per subwoofer is a little shy for my liking on 15's. and 3 cubes for 8 12's...idk i need to take a listen to bass4lyfes clam

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

i have 2 mmats d4000's which supposedly put out close to 4kw each, and for subs i was thinking 8 dc lvl 3 12's. or for 15's maybe 6 FI q's. Right now i borrowed a 10" woofer from noobtastic, a lil power acoustic in a 1 cube box, with external aero port, and have a high tuning port like 44hz and a low like 29hz port and ive been trying to see which is my preferred selection, im powering it off my 4channel amp, so it sees like 100w or so. so far i like the 29hz port as it plays every note decently, the 44hz peaks retardedly. but is quite a bit louder.

im also working on a box for my 18's i made, and will experiment further on porting being able to block off half of the aero's for a drop in tuning. I need to real world test with the music i listen to daily, to build a preference.

if you turned meade's caddy box sideways, would it be a clamshell?

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP