2000 Honda Accord , Ex V-6, Coupe.

My mother was just literally given a 2000 Accord, v-6. Car appears to be in great shape from what my brother and parents tell me. I have not seen it yet. It has 77,000 miles on it. There was no owners manual with the car. I had a 2001 civic a few years ago, but it got traded in before I had to worry with any of this, and I can't recall the last time I even looked under the hood of a honda, especially with concern for maintenance or repair purposes.... My questions are these :

On the V-6, when do we need to start worrying about timing belt replacement?

How about CV joints? they are not clicking yet, but how many miles can we expect out of them on a the V-6?

Transmission service? should we go ahead do it , I have no idea what the fluid looks like, but my FJ doesnt even have a dipstick for the tranny, is the accord the same way?

What other problems do we need to keep an eye out for? I know it is a Honda, so problems are few and far between... but still, Dad and I figure since it was free, we should probably go ahead and address any issues before they happen...

And no, no stereo will be installed. my mother is the last person on earth to be concerned , so long as it plays music at a whisper, she is happy.

thanks .

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

anybody.....?

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

• 3 weeks later...

timing belt is 105,000 miles or 7 years

cv joints could last the life of the car, depends on where you live and how its driven

since you probably don't know when the last time the fluid was changed in the transmission, I'd say go ahead and get it done

oh and those transmissions are one of the weakest ones honda has made since the 90's but if you mom will be doing most of the driving then it shouldn't be a problem

Edited by doug118

thanks guys .... but she sold the car about a week ago...

My Kulicki Box Build