What Does Sq Stand For

killer_spirll

I have sat in SQ cars built by Todd Zire

I have sat in Team JBL's SQ

I have sat in the team Cadience SQ car on more than once,

and can't remember them having those overpriced, toys you are so fond of.

all odf these cars won @ finals @ one point or another...

have also sat in SQ car with all Focal speakers & Sub, had Audison amps,

sounded Nice but dont think they got there moneys worth

try and remember everyone is not going to like your flavor of icecream

just because you heard an sq car or 2 with them doesnt mean thier install was the DEFACTO standard of what the company has to offer

I'll bet youve never seen a Thesis in your life, most sq guys dont even run the best the companies have to offer,

i see alot of polyglass and acess in peoples cars all the time and people "call it SQ"

you look like a straight jackass, your comparing a sponsored JBL car or Cadence car to some regular joes sq setup.

everyone doesnt have to like my icecream, as you put it but at least know WTF your talking about before you open your mouth about it. As my previous post stated its partially install and just like how you THINK your PAP piece of shit is better then anything DD makes.

Just because you heard come joes shitbox of an install using decent equipment doesnt make it the standard for what that equipment is capable of.

i lol'd a couple times, this is some funny shit.

this.... LB's a trip his truck is pretty loud and he brings the lolz out. hes a decent guy i think lol

justin smith

1996 mercury grand marquis

20'' bentchi b7 lexani n3000 245/35/20

cactus 5kw at 1ohm dcr(beast)

2 18'' btl's in a 14.15^ft wall tuned to 35hz with 210'' of port

kicker zx650.4

componets in still the works

200amp motorcraft alt

xs power d3100 (beast)

kenwood ddx512 h.u.

you mean my EX? the one I dumped? just remember every time you kiss her that i used to cum in her mouth

and BTW your girl just called me....

pure pwnage

As much as I laughed at this thread, this 1 pwns it.

More LB here

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/diy-mo...sq-section.html

and your point ? u know im taking this SQ thing to the competition lanes and plan on beating the SNOBBs

going 3way for the front stage, & a center ch...

insted of being insulting / if you know so much try advising...

heres my Hu settings

Im using the Alpine 9887 / has a 5-band Parametric Eq /

I set the PM Eq

Band 1 / Lv 0 -31.5Hz - Q3

Band 2 / Lv 0 -125Hz - Q1.5

Band 3 / Lv 0 -500Hz - Q1.5

Band 4 / Lv +2 -1.2Khz - Q1.5

Band 5 / Lv +4 -10Khz - Q1.5

I set the Crossover

High / Lv 0 -100Hz -slope 24

Mid / Lv 0 - 160Hz -solpe 24

Low / Lv 0 - 125Hz - Flat

amps used

Highs / Ppi Dcx 300.4

lows / Sundown Audio SAZ 3000d x2

plan on adding my

Ppi Pc 800.4

when i get my Midbass & center mids in...

any advise?

and your point ? u know im taking this SQ thing to the competition lanes and plan on beating the SNOBBs

going 3way for the front stage, & a center ch...

insted of being insulting / if you know so much try advising...

heres my Hu settings

Im using the Alpine 9887 / has a 5-band Parametric Eq /

I set the PM Eq

Band 1 / Lv 0 -31.5Hz - Q3

Band 2 / Lv 0 -125Hz - Q1.5

Band 3 / Lv 0 -500Hz - Q1.5

Band 4 / Lv +2 -1.2Khz - Q1.5

Band 5 / Lv +4 -10Khz - Q1.5

I set the Crossover

High / Lv 0 -100Hz -slope 24

Mid / Lv 0 - 160Hz -solpe 24

Low / Lv 0 - 125Hz - Flat

amps used

Highs / Ppi Dcx 300.4

lows / Sundown Audio SAZ 3000d x2

plan on adding my

Ppi Pc 800.4

when i get my Midbass & center mids in...

any advise?

GL Ray will be at world finals and i'll be hard pressed to think your setups going to sound anything like the trailblazer lmao

What competition format do you plan on going into with a center channel? If you plan on getting serious, you will need more then 5 bands of parametric eq and factory speaker locations to help you. How do you expect us to advise you how to set your EQ without at least looking at the response graph of your car? How are you not going to EQ left and right separate? Why are you trying to tackle a 3 way front stage if you have never tackled all the issues that are difficult to deal with in a simple 2 way setup? You are not even scratching the surface of building a decent sq car, and by saying that you are going to stomp on competitors without any actual effort is no different then saying your pair of 12" type Rs are going to stomp all over everyone at SBN. Not all sq guys are audio snobs, attend a few shows and learn something. Also if you are trying to get serious, try reading the rules ...

http://www.iasca.com/files/folders/full_pa...entry20313.aspx

Too Much Stuff to list .

What competition format do you plan on going into with a center channel? If you plan on getting serious, you will need more then 5 bands of parametric eq and factory speaker locations to help you. How do you expect us to advise you how to set your EQ without at least looking at the response graph of your car? How are you not going to EQ left and right separate? Why are you trying to tackle a 3 way front stage if you have never tackled all the issues that are difficult to deal with in a simple 2 way setup? You are not even scratching the surface of building a decent sq car, and by saying that you are going to stomp on competitors without any actual effort is no different then saying your pair of 12" type Rs are going to stomp all over everyone at SBN. Not all sq guys are audio snobs, attend a few shows and learn something. Also if you are trying to get serious, try reading the rules ...

http://www.iasca.com/files/folders/full_pa...entry20313.aspx

Thank you for your responce: this is the kind of Info i need to go forward, I had not concidered the fact that i need more than 5bands of PM eq.

what do you use ?

do i need a 31band eq ? I had almost bought one last yr!!!

Yes i want a 3way setup / after hearing it live with a center chanel i think it was obvious i was missing the midbass, my Mids are not covering the freq's to suit my needs.

all there is in Louisiana is Usaci, and they only come here once or twice a yr...

gonna have to travel,

My Goal is to Win in Sq, I have all the SPL Trophys i need

now i would like to try something a lil more complecated, but all i get is FLACK from the SQ knowitalls

Archived