Sonic Electronix

do it yourself...

the shop i work at is very expensive to get that work done, and most are

ive sold maybe 20 alts since i started, and half we installed, its not that hard, and it was generally the ballpark of 150$ just to install the alt

man up and do it yourself, got some gloves and shit on and figure it out, ive already done like 10 installs this month outside in the dark in 10 degree weather

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

my shop ran 0 gauge power and ground wire for my amps installed my alt and did big 3 and included all wire and parts for 375

Edited by jesseanson

TeamDeadlyHertz-jesseanson.png

2004 gmc Yukon

270 amp mechman alt.

1 odyssey PC1500 up front

6 kinetik HC2400's in the back

2 18" BTL's fully loaded

2 saz-3500d's strapped

155.7db @ 38hz sealed :)

MY YOUTUBE!!!

my shop ran 0 gauge power and ground wire for my amps installed my alt and did big 3 and included all wire and parts for 375

That isn't indicative of most mechanic's shops though. You sure it isn't a stereo shop you're talking about?

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

Well, I got two dc lvl 4's lvl 5 dual 1's and a Kinetic 2400, I'm getting a 250A DC Alternator and I'll need a stinger voltage meter. How much would the average audio shop charge including labor? It's a 2007 Chevy Cobalt LT, would it be smarter to have a car place install the alt, than take it to the audio shop and have them do the Big 111, or have the audio shop install the alt, and do the Big 111 at the same time?

I'm just trying to figure out what would the total cost be, because this system is costing me like probally 2 grand with all the the costs.

I know most of you would say "do it yourself" but I don't have anyone around here who can help me, and the weather is really bad this time of month.

Any feedback would be awesomely appreciated.

Don't worry about asking someone to do the big 3, installing alternator, and changing the battery because they over charge and try to rip you off. IF you need help then we here to help. Just try to be more specific on what you doing and asking or maybe post some photo if you're not clearly sure on how-to. I did the big 3, intall a H/0 alternator, and upgrade battery. It not even that complicated than swapping car engine. Don't bother asking a shop dude to do install the big 3 because he wouldn't even have clue what you saying. Big 3, uhmm!!

Edited by Gotloud555

go to a local mechanic place that does engine and shit, and let them do your alt and wires. just tell them that you want to upgrade the grounds and they will know what to do.

or if they can't do the wires, just let them do the alt.

when i first got my iraggi i went to a local mechanic place and he installed it for $80, and he let me watch what he is doing, damn it only took him about 15 mins. and the best thing is, i learned how to do it so i just did it my self after that.

i agree about learning, even if it really sucks. My alt took me about 4 - 5 hours to install and the Big 3 will only take you about 20 min if you have a socket set.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Club 150 (15x.x)

Youtube

Future Build:

1x 15" T3 TSNS

2x Sundown Audio SAZ3000d Parellel strapped