Fusing Battery Bank Or No Fuse?

Alright I have the stock front battery in a 06 expedition... I'm hooking that up to two optima yellow tops in the back.. the batterys are 3 feet away from eachother like shown in the picture so I cant use a buss bar. Where should I fuse this.... fuse everywhere? or just fuse going into the amp?IMG_0493.JPG

by the way, its gonna have a sundown 3000d and 3 kicker l7 15", sundown 100.4 on cdt components.

fuse between the front battery and the rear bank. (after the main battery AND before the second set of batteries) If you want to be xtra safe put a fuse between the 2 optimas as well.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

definitely a fuse because the rear batteries and if possible one between the rear batteries and amps.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

its going in a king ranch expedition. 27 CDT speakers, 3 kicker L7 15's. I'm working on a build log but im not done yet so many pictures.

But if I got this right... you said fuse positive line at main battery(engine batt) then again on the first rear battery... then before the amps?

here is the electrical schematics:

schem.jpg

Thats a lot of fuses. Is it really necessary to fuse all that? I'd like to just fuse the long run (front to back ) and fuse the amps.

its going in a king ranch expedition. 27 CDT speakers, 3 kicker L7 15's. I'm working on a build log but im not done yet so many pictures.

But if I got this right... you said fuse positive line at main battery(engine batt) then again on the first rear battery... then before the amps?

here is the electrical schematics:

schem.jpg

Thats a lot of fuses. Is it really necessary to fuse all that? I'd like to just fuse the long run (front to back ) and fuse the amps.

between the two amps that are 90 and 60 amp, i'd run 1/0 to a distribution block and run 4ga to each of those amps. that'll eliminate a fuse. the fuse after the 1st rear battery going to the distribution block can be eliminated.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module