My C1500 Extended Cab Install, Two 12s

finally finished well ALMOST finished my box i got a few more things to do. mainly port the box (to cold out right now to build the port) and lift the rear middle seat belt latches up 4inches as well ( i dont have anymore square steel tubing)

i wanted to port it out the front BUT i dont believe theirs enough internal air space for it to be very nice, but lucky for me there still room behind the rear bench and wall so i should be able to build a exterior port for it without a bunch of work.

i just built the trim panels for it the other day and carpeted it.... and i was going to cut out the carpet around the subs BUT i had to carpet it in the truck due to the weight of the box loaded and me being lazy to remove them, and well after looking at the setup with the carpet still inplace well ME LIKIE... ;)

and from what ive listened to i dont think it effects the output much... because the carpet does stretch out a bit easily so i assume its not that big of a deal....

and for 3 more minor things is first the subs are already kinda beat up from previous owners.... so the surrounds and cone are not show worthy anyways. and second great theft deterant since it doesnt look like i have subs.LOL and third keeps anyone in the back seat from kicking the subs AS MUCH.

BUT if it turns out that the carpet stretches alot more over time then i can just cut the opening out... OR add another 3/4 3rd layer to the front baffle and then recarpet it so the subs cannt touch the carpet.

tho my videos suck because of my cameras video mode sucking so bad at picking up bass they are not very good at all so please dont judge audio.LOL

BEFORE only had the truck for a month now... much more modding will be done ;)

71a28412.jpg

AFTER

80b06242.jpg

d879d9cf.jpg

9b4e18f0.jpg

a1fc59be.jpg

9bfe1707.jpg

and afew build pics.

97d0abc4.jpg

17d2de0e.jpg

5a3c8a33.jpg

and my seat lifts i made to raise the bench about 4inches i believe.

92faf5d6.jpg

3e203d47.jpg

and im kicking around a idea i thought of but im not sure about it so i kept it off at least for now....

i cut out a shape of my truck... but of course lowered tucked the wheels a bit. ;) but i will be droping the truck 4/6 so it would match closely id guess.

i was going to carpet it and just nail it to the front middle of the box... but now im thinking about maybe painting it, or just nothing at all.....

06138ca4.jpg

and im not going to do anything special with the amplifier or the port since they will be hidden behind the rear bench tucked away..... plus the amp right now is just a temp until i buy a nice amp to match the setup great! the jbl bp600.1 works ok at 1ohm but at higher volume for along time at least on one song it kicks out and has to be turned down. i will get a amplifier that is rufly 1K watts at 1ohm. so the jbl amp is just a temp.

o ya heres some videos also...

th_23cfdd20.jpg

and carpeted...

th_45b169ef.jpg

im happy with the setup so far.... sounds decent even sealed (but i will port it when i can) i think looks really close to stock like it should belong there for kind of a stealth system....

hope you guys like.

and remember AUDIO ON THE VIDEOS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!! for some stupid reason my camera picks up highs and rattles really loud but doesnt pick up bass for anything!!!!!! i need to buy a actual camcorder like i used to have which worked great! and of course my camera is about 4-5years old now also. so its out of date for sure.LOL

truckcleaned-07-1.jpg

and if ya dont remember my old truck since it has been awhile!!!!

same style truck but older, smaller 305 TBI, and new truck is 350 Vortec motor and has a passenger air bag ;)

and tho i went BIG with the last trucks audio but this time i wont delete the rear bench since a 2 seater truck is not very party friendly....

tho again i wont go as crazy on this truck. im not going to shave the door handles or put a rollpan on it.... just bad experiences with my old truck.LOL but this time i will definatly be droping the truck! last truck i wanted to bag the truck and get rims but the cost just never allowed me to do so.LOL so this time im going to keep it real and just static drop the truck 4/6 so i can still use the truck for work and daily drive with ease!

but i will be switching to my GMC grill again with this truck. infact i already have the gmc grill and badging to swap everything over, now i just need to order the flush 30bar billet grill for it to chop up and install it.

i did like my old trucks running boards but cannt find them for sale anywhere so i might not be able to buy them for the new truck.

newtruckpictures007.jpg

534297_269_full.jpg

534297_294_full.jpg

534297_301_full.jpg

truckcleaned-07-1.jpg

repost, please delete... my internet is laggin

you can delete your own posts next to the "edit" button i believe :)

and to the OP the build looks great, very much so worth the effort!

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

thanks guys.

ya i bought the carpet from http://www.yourautotrim.com/

thats about the best i could match the carpet i believe.... tho the floor carpet is slightly different then the seat. and i used the seat to match the carpet. i ordered several of there sample sheets so id know exactly what matched :)

with raising the rear bench ya do loose quite a bit of headroom..... but that just means WOMEN IN THE BACK ;) it wont both them since they are always shorter :)

truckcleaned-07-1.jpg

ya id like to have some FI subs but i was basicaly recycling the system from my old civic that i traded for the truck.LOL

i just droped my yellow top under the hood as the main battery yesterday but it still dims like a MOFO even on the 600watts... weak @ss 100amp alternator! im hoping that upgrading the grounds wire will help! and im also going to tie the 2 optimas together under the hood.... its just to cold out to really feel like going doing all this work.LOL

yesterday i worked on the truck for afew hours changing it over to a GMC styling...

im going to buy a flush 30bar billet grill for the front hopefully next week when i get paid! and i still need to paint the grill, i just cannt find the paint in a spray can form.... so if i cannt find some paint in spray cans then ill be forced to buy a quart of paint and clear but to bad its quite a bit more $$ :( but its looking like ill have to since i cannt find a place that has the color yet!

and yes the truck needs a wash but with all the road salt on the truck and road well it would be a waste right now...

i also put in new corners, parking lights, and headlights... tho had to modify the headlights for them to sit flush... weak @ss ebay lights! but i made them work ;)

22646f4b.jpg

225e36f0.jpg

d09816fd.jpg

so now i have the chevy switched to gmc. only thing i have to remove now is the silverado sticker on the door post, but i wont shave that will its warm out!

9ece7055.jpg

at least my truck has the dual battery box already under the hood! :drunk:

i just wish it wasnt to cold out!

Edited by addiction2bass
truckcleaned-07-1.jpg