Is it bad doing the big 3 on a stock alt. and Just let u people know IM NOT DOING THAT DUMB SH>T.Im just being curious and when doing the big 3, could I have 1 ground wire coming from my alt. connecting to my chassis and one from battery connecting to the same bolt on the chassis or The groundwire from my alt. to my battery then to my chassis.Which is best people.

Windows Xp1 40 & 120gigHDDMSI BoardUNDERCONSTRUCTION Dr. Doom aka StarScream3kDestruction at ur service

Is it bad doing the big 3 on a stock alt. and Just let u people know IM NOT DOING THAT DUMB SH>T.Im just being curious and when doing the big 3, could I have 1 ground wire coming from my alt. connecting to my chassis and one from battery connecting to the same bolt on the chassis or The groundwire from my alt. to my battery then to my chassis.Which is best people.

u make it sound confusing... but you don't ground your alt... and it would be ok for an stock alt... "better than nothing"

ok Just saying if I do ground my alternator. how many more volts would I be getting than usuall and I have seen some people (meade) and ground there alternator.

uh u don't ground ur ALT... that would make it worse.. and it varies... some people hardly get any gain and some people get a full 2 volts..

since i did my big 3 my voltage shoots back up with the quickness in my truck. i'm running a stock 130A

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

if you grounded your alt, theres no way that could make it worse. hell mine is, and i dont have a problem. i did 2 of the big 3 in my buddies s-10 with a stock alt, and its starts sooo much quicker now since it gets the current better. do it. its awesome.

I knew I was right somewhere, my patna had to come and back me up on this one.and How Do I know what ground and what not to well I just show some pics on here when my car gets out the shop.And would I really bump up some volts If I had a red top battery plus 1 more big huge ass kinetic energy battery.

Windows Xp1 40 & 120gigHDDMSI BoardUNDERCONSTRUCTION Dr. Doom aka StarScream3kDestruction at ur service

ok

1. battery + to alt.

2. battery - to chassis/body/frame.

3. engine block to chassis/body/frame.

if you want, to be protected more, [glow=red,2,300]put a fuse between your battery and alt wire.[/glow]

Yea I heard, This can cause fires if u dont.

What is the best place to ground a wire from the engine block,

And Does it matter where u bolt your wires on the alternator.