Sonic Electronix

So everyone has those people in their life that seem to know everything...well my dad is one of those types of people...Hes been an electrician for 20 years now and he thinks he knows every little detail...being my dad i dont except any less...

Enough about that.

I put in an amp for my back door speakers and tweeters and its 100 x 4 .... but i didnt replace the wireing. So its just factory wireing running to the doors..it looks like 18 guage...well my question is, would it make a dramatic difference if i re-ran new wire to the door speakers...It i was to run it id use 14 guage...

My dad thinks it wouldnt make a difference because the amount of power isnt changeing and he says "no one changes that because its too much of a hassel"

Should i run 14 guage? or will it not make a difference?

sold everything

You probably wouldn't notice anything different.

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

I have 4 tweeters in my dash and just 6.5 in the doors but i wanted to add more audio to the back for when i open the hatch...I drive an envoy xl so room isnt a problem...But i do want to add more tweeters and possiablly couple 6x9s..

any suggestions or good deals to be made right on an amp...4 channel perferiably

sold everything

I have 4 tweeters in my dash and just 6.5 in the doors but i wanted to add more audio to the back for when i open the hatch...I drive an envoy xl so room isnt a problem...But i do want to add more tweeters and possiablly couple 6x9s..

any suggestions or good deals to be made right on an amp...4 channel perferiably

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=28756

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

id take the time and run bigger wires..... but then again I dont trust factory wiring and dont like half assing shit...

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

Archived