Ok, I need some help with my Viper 5900.

I used the Omega interface and the interface honked the horn 3 times, so I know it is programmed properly.

Viper will arm, but will not lock the doors upon arming, and will not arm the factory alarm upon arming.

Viper will lock and unlock all 4 doors each time the ignition is turned on and off.

Opening a door/domelight coming on will not set off the Viper, I have not adjusted the shock sensor or tried to set if off with the hood pin switch yet.

The harness was soldered together to the Omega by a pro installer, so I only had to make the following connections to the car:

Power and ground

12v switched

parking light flash

power lock wire to the drivers door switch

sensors/LED/programming button

....and last connection was the purple data wire to OBD pin #2

Car is a 2003 PT Cruiser with the factory RKE/alarm and immobilizer key, but we did not install the remote start option.

Help! :help:

Edited by ptcary

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Post the wires off the omega harness and what you have them connected to.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Post the wires off the omega harness and what you have them connected to.

Omega lock input green to viper -lock +unlock green

Omega unlock blue to viper +lock -unlock blue

Omega doorlock violet/white to drivers door lock switch harness (pt cruiser white/green wire in drivers door)

Omega data wire violet to OBD plug pin #2

Omega door sense trigger pink/white to viper green door trigger input

Omega has power and ground connected with viper power and ground

All these connections were made by a installer friend, I don't think he made any changes to his diagram.

I am meeting with him tomorrow to see what is wrong.

Any ideas?

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Ok it's done and working! :yahoo:

It turns out, that we had two different diagrams from Omega on the same interface! His PT was actually a little different than mine,so two wires were incorrect.

I absolutely HAVE to say again, that just cause these new interface adapters are on the market, I still think a pro installer is needed.

There is no way that I would have figured out that the wiring diagram was wrong, and Omega was not really helpful.

It took us about 3 hours today to get it all functioning, tested and programmed.

A local shop quoted me $600 to install one of these with the remote start (which I skipped on mine), so having a friend who knows what he is doing really saved me a whole lot of money.

The 5900 was $179 shipped, I added a few sensors, and already had a second 514N siren, so now I have one inside the car, too.

For the record, there was no problem with the factory alarm, it is still in place and functions under control of the Viper, I just wanted to have something with more options and flexibility and really wanted the 2 way remote.

Thanks for all the advice along the way form you guys!

....now I actually gotta read the manual to see all that this thing can do! :blink:

2009_01132008Feb0002.jpg

2009_01132008Feb0009.jpg

2009_01132008Feb0001.jpg

Edited by ptcary

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG