Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Cutting Out The Rear Deck


mbdblue

Recommended Posts

Posted

so I opted to take the speakers out of my rear deck and mount them in my upper quarter panels...this frees up the whole deck for the ports that I want to do side by side. But what Im wondering is, would it be a better idea to just chop out all the metal of the deck and have the box coming up through? basically I would gain about an inch or two in height....also, I would probably weld 2 square steel pipes where the deck used to be just for the car's structural support...(not really sure how much support the rear deck really gives the car but why not?)

kind of a compound question, but I was planning on competing at some point, and Im kinda worried all this fab work is gonna drop me into a category I have no chance of even placing in...anyone who would know about that too would be awesome....

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Posted

Hmm I suspect chopping that much metal out might count as a cabin modification and dump you in Extreme class or at least Super Street for dbDrag. Not sure though.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4519 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...